Entegee Materials Test Engineer - 53435345 - JA in ST PAUL, Minnesota
Materials Test Engineer - 53435345 - JA
Job Code: 53435345Job Location: ST PAUL, MNCategory: Mechanical EngineeringLast Updated: 10/25/2016Apply Now!
The primary role is the mechanical characterization of polymers and fiber-reinforced structural composites. Components of the job include specimen preparation, simple set-up and use of computer-controlled mechanical test equipment, data reporting and record keeping. Additionally, polymer testing such as Dynamic Mechanical Analysis, preparation of specimens for microscopic examination, and some molding processes are part of this assignment. (Training will be provided.)
Testing of material Structural composites for strength and stiffness. Example: Tensile testing using Tensile Testers / Mechanical Load Frames.
• Experience in a lab, either at work or for course work
• Experience with mechanical characterization of polymers
• Proficient with Excel. Will be documenting testing results in Excel.
• Typical Day: Cut material from a slab using a saw for a testing specimen. Prep specimen, perform the tests, and record the results.
• Environment: Laboratory. Team environment with individual initiative to manager workload.
• A background in mechanical engineering, materials science, or chemistry (with materials or polymers familiarity) is desired.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 53435345JA
Equal Opportunity Employer