HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Technician Cert in St Petersburg, Florida
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures. * Prepares sterile instrument table. * Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. * Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. * Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients. * Transports patients to and from surgical suite. * Positions patient according to type of surgery. * Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures. * Maintains work area. * Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization. * Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Title: OR Technician Cert
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg
Requisition ID: 01387-4178