Challenge Unlimited Project Manager-Custodial in St. Robert, Missouri
Do you have a passion for assisting others in achieving their goals as well as experience in leading others in the custodial field? This position is a match for you!
The Project Manager- Custodial is responsible for managing employees and clients in the performance of janitorial/custodial duties for contract assigned buildings at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
Essential Functions* *
- Supervise janitorial crew workers.Direct supervision of Assistant Project Manager, Supervisors, Crew Leaders, Floor Care Supervisor, Stock Clerk and Administrative Assistant and indirect supervision of Janitors and Floor Care Janitors. Ensure work is performed according to the contract’s statement of work, conduct on-going training for workers on Company policies and procedures and ensure workers are knowledgeable of information that comes from corporate administration. Interview, train, evaluate, discipline, and ensure proper timekeeping and payroll processing. Establish time study standards and conduct time studies for individuals in the training program based on the standards. Provide assessments and recommendations for client improvement and competitive readiness
- *Manage labor and supply costs to meet budget plans. *Order chemicals and other supplies necessary to meet the contract requirements and maintain proper inventory levels and accountability for ensuring the site is properly stocked. Schedule workers to adequately perform contract requirements and forecast staffing needs by tracking trends in contract needs and changes. Manage special project scheduling requirements. Review and propose budget updates
- *Ensure that employees adhere to safety guidelines and policies. *Ensure SDS book is organized and current. Follow and enforce OSHA regulations. Complete incident and/or accident reports in accordance with Company policies. Provide a safe environment for all workers and customers. Take preventative and corrective action as needed. Conduct safety training, inspections, and ensure employees utilize Personal Protective Equipment
- *Maintain customer satisfaction. *Meet and communicate regularly with contracting customers and building occupants. Maintain and submit contract documentation to the customer as required and for contract negotiations. Relay information regularly to workers and upper management about any updates or changes pertinent to the contract.
- *Maintain quality control standards of both the Contract and the Company. *Work with Quality Team to maintain compliance for quality standards. Conduct management reviews and create detailed documentation related and necessary to maintain compliance processes within the contract (quality manual, proper procedures, and work instruction, etc.). Promptly correct any deficiencies and rectifying any customer complaints.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years work experience preferably in janitorial field
- 2 years work experience in management OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years work experience preferably in janitorial contract management.
- Have the ability to make effective choices.
- Have the ability to adapt in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to ongoing demands and shifting priorities.
- Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries.
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities.
Location: St. Robert, MO
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; + flexible to job demands