Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician - VA Diamond View Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Susanville, California
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Susanville, CA
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Monday 10/3/2016 (138 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 9/30/2017 (224 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1817272
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
OUR MISSION:To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System is seeking a board certified or board eligible Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician. Major functions include initial evaluation and therapy of acute problems. Obtains a pertinent medical history and conducts a physical examination for each veteran. Diagnoses and advises veterans of clinical problems that may be discovered during an examination.
As a physician you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
Duties also include shared call coverage, and other duties as assigned.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position
Relocation/Recruitment incentive MAY be authorized for this position
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, On-call service on nights and/or weekends
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician - #000000
This position is covered by the bargaining unit
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: In the process of providing patient care, the work involves regular and recurring periods of walking, standing, sitting, bending, pulling, lifting, reaching and carrying. Manual dexterity is required to operate medical equipment and perform activities such as surgery, treatments and computerized medical record documentation.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Salary Range: $100,957.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Promotion Potential: 00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: By law, U.S. Citizens will be given first preference but non-citizens will be considered in the absence of qualified citizens.
Control Number: 452385000
Job Announcement Number: 654-TH-17-1817272-BU-OCA