Sanofi Group Deputy Director Filling & Inspection in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
Deputy Director Filling & Inspection
Deputy Director, Filling and Inspection
The Deputy Director, Filling and Inspection provides management and leadership for the Inspection function that supports the Filling & Inspection team by directing the relationships and processes for execution of the FFIP department vision. This position ensures that operation of the people, equipment, and processes are compliant and meet the regulatory requirements. This includes leading programs to improve employee safety, improve quality, increase production efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase employee engagement as per established goals. This position also plays a key role in development and implementation of the FFIP Management Committee strategic vision, driving a quality mindset on the operations floor, teamwork across all functions, and people and team development to reach the goal of Operational Excellence for the site.
In cooperation with the Filling & Inspection team, develop the strategic vision for the department and execute that vision, by providing leadership and direction of its personnel, tracking regulatory compliance, understanding department responsibilities, and then adjusting the operation accordingly.
Accountable for the following through execution by the Inspection Operations Team:
- Implementing an effective Scheduling process for the Inspection Operations Team to utilize resources as efficiently as possible and maximize inspection capacity.
- Leading Inspection management to execute the Inspection schedule by focusing on schedule adherence and schedule performance, and adjusting personnel resources as needed.
- Implementing a proactive environment to ensure manufacturing equipment operates reliably and Operations personnel anticipate ways to improve inspection equipment performance.
- Driving toward Operational Excellence in the Inspection area through Continuous Improvement and leveraging Lean principles.
- Leading the implementation of FFaST teams on the shop floor to identify improvement opportunities and find time in the schedule to get them implemented.
- Leading the development of a long term strategy for Inspection with cooperation from the support functions that will meet the needs of the business, and then working to implement that strategy as appropriate.
- Communicating and partnering with all functions to manage the Inspection budget (Activity and Headcount) and plan accordingly.
Ensure efficient and effective operation by creating a proactive environment, developing & monitoring metrics, and communicating with both team members and support functions about operations performance. Utilizing the " QDCI" Visual Management Systems and Working with the FFIP FFaST teams to drive improvements in key metrics such as Schedule Adherence and Performance, Equipment Performance, and Inspection Recipe Reject Rates.
Provide people and team development for increased company value and personal satisfaction. Work with department teams to ensure success and encourage collaboration and networking across all functions.
- Lead the department as a "Change Agent" to make a change in culture that includes developing a manufacturing centric organization, improving the quality/compliance mindset on the shop floor and in the department, increasing management presence (both people managers and support roles) on the shop floor, and issue resolution by the FFaST team (support functions and Operations) collaboratively on the shop floor.
- Utilize Performance Management tools to recognize high performers and coach low performers.
Drive consistency across the FFIP department to ensure processes and department priorities are aligned.
- Work with the other FFIP leaders to identify cross training opportunities to make our department resources agile and flexible to adjust to changing business demands.
Participate as a key member of the Filling & Inspection team to ensure that Inspection is represented to drive shared accountability for Goals and Priorities for both support functions and Operations.
- Demonstrate leadership on the team by creating an environment that: builds trust and cooperation among team members, increases commitment to the team and shared goals, drives accountability for each individual as a member of the team, and demonstrates results.
- Support the Level 1/2 QDCI process and the Job Boards for the Filling & Inspection team to increase communication and measure performance improvement.
Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and good documentation practices are followed to provide a safe, quality, and effective product.
- Ensure all individuals in the department are up-to-date on training requirements.
- Ensure all individuals in the department follow the appropriate processes and procedures in a controlled and compliant manner.
- Drive reduction in deviations by increasing awareness of cGMP practices and compliance requirements.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis is performed and corrective actions are implemented to prevent repeat equipment and procedural deviations.
- Ensure a strong working partnership between Operations and Site Quality Operations to ensure a successful “Quality Mindset” is in place throughout the organization.
Develop a strong Safety Culture in the FFIP department that encourages taking the right amount of time to perform each task safely.
- Be present on the floor with managers and operators to ensure accountability for safe behaviors and overall safety performance.
- Lead and encourage participation in the SOR program and increase engagement for all Inspection personnel in Safety at the QDCI boards.
The Deputy Director, Inspection, along with the other leaders of the Filling & Inspection team, drive the implementation of the FFIP Operations strategy and vision on site. This position will work closely with the other Deputy Director, Inspection to drive consistency and program discipline across the Inspection team. There will also be a need to maintain consistency of practices Globally and this position will work with other Global Inspection leaders from other sites to share experiences and encourage consistency across the network.
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, provides more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to immunize more than 500 million people across the globe. A world leader in the vaccine industry, Sanofi Pasteur offers a broad range of vaccines protecting against 20 infectious diseases. The company's heritage, to create vaccines that protect life, dates back more than a century. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company entirely dedicated to vaccines. Every day, the company invests more than EUR 1 million in research and development. For more information, please visit: www.sanofipasteur.com or www.sanofipasteur.us
Sanofi Pasteur SA and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
BS or MS required in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Management.
8 years large scale biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, analytical & process development experience.
The individual should have worked with Operations personnel for at least 5 years in a management position with increasing levels of responsibility and have a good understanding of current GMP/GLP, Continuous Improvement methodologies, and common issues addressed to achieve Operational Excellence.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to actively, and cooperatively work with cross functional teams.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Swiftwater
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2016, 8:44:00 AM
Job Type: Regular
Employee Status: Regular