Washington State L&I Vocational Services Specialist - Early Return to Work in Tacoma, Washington
Join the Early Return to Work (ERTW) team and use your professional and technical vocational services expertise to assist injured workers return to work as quickly and safely as possible.
You'll work as a member of the Early Return to Work team, which use a multi-disciplinary team approach to assist injured workers to return to work or to recommend a vocational outcome. You'll work closely with other Vocational Services Specialists, Occupational Nurse Consultants, and Therapy Consultants to assist injured workers.
As a Field Vocational Services Specialist, you will provide direct Return to Work (RTW) services to injured workers. Direct services include meeting with employers, workers, medical providers, claim managers, and other stakeholders to facilitate return to work as quickly and safely as possible.
What you'll do:
- Use your professional vocational experience and knowledge to facilitate return-to-work activities.
- Maintains a caseload of ERTW assignments, identify injured worker's medical, rehab, and/or return-to-work (RTW) needs.
- Direct RTW services include meeting with employers, workers, medical providers, claim managers, and other stakeholders to facilitate return to work.
- Develop job analyses. Assist employers in developing light duty jobs, job descriptions and job offer letters.
- Consult and educate employers, workers, and medical providers on RTW services.
- Provide review and assessment of claims and document information.
- Facilitate and coordinate medically necessary health care to expedite RTW and claim resolution.
- Coordinate RTW efforts including evaluations of worksites to complete job descriptions/analysis and modify jobs, when necessary.
- Document issues that need to be resolved and process the assignment within the procedures of the ERTW team, i.e. making recommendation for referral to private vocational firms for further services and/or referring to other RTW Team members for appropriate RTW activities.
Who should apply Applicants must hold one of the following certifications: Certified Rehabilitation (CRC) Counselor; Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS); or American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE).
We seek vocational professionals with a master's degree AND a CRC, CDMS or ABVE certification AND a minimum of 1 year of full time workers' compensation (industrial insurance) experience;
A bachelor's degree AND a CRC or CDMS certification AND minimum of 2 years full time workers' compensation (industrial insurance) experience.
Here's what we are looking for: In addition to the above qualifications, we seek applicants with experience as a vocational rehabilitation counselor or Vocational Services Specialist (VSS) in industrial insurance and/or experience providing return-to-work or vocational services.
- Excellent communicator with ability to speak, write and adapt the conversation to the level of the audience.
- Effective interview techniques for communication and asking questions in ways that enhance clarity, information flow, and the reliability of the information.
- Exceptional writing ability to be able to prepare written documents; organize facts, argument and conclusions in clear and logical sequence.
- Willing and able to travel to various worksites including the ability to work with a diverse group of customers – employers, injured workers, doctors, physical therapists and claim managers.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships and partnerships. Able to build cooperation through credibility, expertise and persuasion.
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills.
- Skilled at mediating disputes, able to lead a rational process of illuminating issues, enhancing understanding of divergent interests, and identifying common grounds for a workable solution. Note: Please include a resume and letter of interest/cover letter with your application detailing your knowledge and experience related to this opportunity. Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08897
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,092.00 - $5,376.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Tacoma, WA