HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Surgical Technician Full-time, Days in Tamarac, Florida
Certified Surgical Technician University Hospital & Medical Center Tamarac, FL
Facility Description: At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 35 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
/University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
- /Demonstrates knowledge of specific disease process, treatments, interventions and response based on age specificity./
- /Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to Registered Nurse/
- /Operates mechanical, electrical and air-powered equipment according to manufacturer's instructions./
- /Removes malfunctioning equipment from use and notifies nurse./
- /Assures emergency equipment and supplies are available at all times./
- /Communicates observed changes in patient's condition to the Registered Nurse./
- /Informs nurse when there is a discrepancy in a count and assists in resolution./
- /Anticipates surgeons needs./
- /Assists with the positioning, prepping and draping of the patient or performs these actions independently if so directed by the surgeon./
- /Performs knot tying by demonstrating two-handed tying, one-handed tying and instrument-tying techniques, approximating tissue rather than pulling tightly and tying firmly to avoid slipping./
- /Provides hemostasis by applying the electrocautery tip, sponging and pressure as needed and utilizing suctioning techniques, utilizing surgical instruments to clamp bleeding vessels, suturing and or tying of clamped vessels or other tissues and placing ligating clips or other occluding devices on blood vessels./
- /Provides retraction by maintaining manually controlled retractors and packing sponges or lap pads into body cavities to hold tissues out of the operative field./
- /Performs closure of layers by correctly approximating the layers which provide access to the site, demonstrating knowledge of the different types of closure techniques and correctly approximating skin edges when utilizing skin staples or suture./
- /Performs intra-operative tissue manipulation by exposing and retracting tissue, clamping and severing tissue, drilling, reaming and modifying tissue and grasping and fixating tissues with screws and staples./
- /Assists with completion of procedure by affixing and stabilizing drains, cleaning the wound and applying dressings, and assisting with the application of cast, splints and special dressings and abduction devices./
Requirements: * Vocational/Technical degree or higher * Certified Surgical Technician certification required * 1-3 years of hospital exp. * Meditech exp. pref.
Title: Certified Surgical Technician Full-time, Days
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 01645-4442