Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Bus Operator in Tampa, Florida
Tue. 10/18/16 12:00 AM Eastern Time
21st Avenue, Tampa, Florida
Print Job Information |
HART is accepting applications from customer service oriented individuals who enjoy public contact to operate transit buses. This position provides safe and timely operation of the Authority's mass transit vehicles. Transit Operators observes all state and local traffic laws and all safety rules and adheres to time schedules. This is a safety sensitive position that may not conform to standard work hours or work weeks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs pre-trip inspections of transit vehicles as required by HART and governmental regulations.
• Operates various types of mass transit vehicles utilizing defensive driving techniques and according to guidelines established by the Authority.
• Resolves passengers' concerns, issues, and questions relative to HART services (e.g. fares, schedules, connections, and routes).
• Utilizes on-board technologies which are not limited to 2-way radio communications, schedule adherence machinery, and public announcement system, fare box recording equipment.
• Responsible for collecting and accounting for revenue collection in the forms of currency and card usage transactions.
• Knowledgeable of ADA rules and regulations including operating wheelchair lifts/ramps and securement.
• Picks up assigned route materials from the dispatcher (e.g. pocket schedules, courtesy cards, pre-departure slips, public schedules, and other related materials).
• Operates transit service on time, adhering to designated time points on pocket/public schedules, picking up and alighting passengers. Operates all special needs equipment as requested and/or required.
• Promptly reports accidents and incidents that occur in, on, or around HART vehicles which affects service operations. Prepares factual written reports for submittal, as required by authorized personnel.
• Reports mechanical defects, road hazards, vehicle or equipment malfunctions, and other service related concerns per the Authority's policies and procedures.
• Required to properly use required tools and materials to assist passengers and retain service operations.
• Responsible for courteous and tactful interaction with the public, project a positive image of HART.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
• Must be minimum twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Minimum of (2) two years of work experience in a customer face-to-face environment is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of commercial driving experience preferred.
• Possession of a valid Florida State Class B CDL, with airbrakes and passenger endorsement preferred.
• Non CDL holder – possession or the ability to obtain Florida State Class B CDL permit with airbrakes and passenger endorsement prior to start of training.
• A clean driving record; no more than seven (7) points in the last three (3) years.
• Previous work related driving experience preferred.
All HART Bus Operators are required to go through a paid 6 to 8 week training program as part of the new hire/orientation/training.
If selected, an applicant must obtain a Florida CDL class "B" permit (with air brake and "P" endorsements) PRIOR to start date. HART provides training and testing for the final license.
This position is posted continuously and as vacancies and testing sessions become available, you will be contacted through the Human Resources Department.
All positions @ HART include a great benefits package including participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS). Preference is given to eligible veterans, and spouses of eligible veterans, with proper documentation.
HART is committed to its employees. We are an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a, Safe and Healthy, Drug Free work environment that promotes wellness and inspires the longevity of its employees.