The Mosaic Company Mgr NA Payroll and US Benefits Admin in Tampa, Florida
Are you our next Manager North America Payroll and US Benefits Admin?
The Manager, North America Payroll and U.S. Benefits Administration will be responsible for managing the payroll department and all activities up to and including the processing of US, Canadian, and expatriate payrolls. This role will also have responsibility for the direct oversight of administration of employee and retiree benefits, retirement plans and employee leaves in all U.S. operations as well as expatriate administration.
What will you do?
- Manage staff responsible for retiree and employee health and welfare benefit support, 401k/pension support, leave of absence administration, and tuition reimbursement processes. Provide direction to benefits administrators responsible for processing employee benefit elections, life events, life insurance claims questions, premium waiver and benefit deduction questions, premium payments, billing reconciliations, and cost allocations to programs. Provide direct oversight for expatriate administration.Ensure the efficient workflow between HR services, benefits and payroll
- Manage the disbursement of North American and expatriate payrolls, which includes garnishment/court orders, benefits and taxes to 5,000+ employees consistent with federal, state and provincial laws. Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end reports.Audit and review system output to ensure payroll processing is achieving accurate and intended results using established metrics.Partner with Tier 1 to ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, terminations and other pay related HR transactions are accurate and timely. Support Tier 1 to ensure all relevant time and time related data have been entered reviewed and signed off prior to payroll processing.
- Lead team responsible for providing responsive, accurate and courteous level two support of payroll, employee and retiree benefits and employee leaves for the organization.Develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business. Manage performance issues when necessary. Work with employees on their career development plans
- Ensure team is working with benefits COE in collaboration with carriers ensure all aspects of open enrollment are planned and executed.Liaison with benefits COE, benefits providers and HR field staff to remedy complex problems, changes in applicable laws and identification of process improvements
- Work with HRIS team to ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits plans, enrollment, leave of absence, sick and vacation time in line with policy and contracts (union and non-union).Work with the HRIS team to document and test system changes resulting from enhancements, changes in plans, processes and/or system releases
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and benefits related procedures in order to recommend and implement changes due to changes in applicable laws or best practices. Provide support to finance or legal departments as necessary to ensure compliance to applicable regulations (including SOX).Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Employee Retirement Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.Liaison with legal, finance, tax and treasury departments
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, with a major inFinance, Business, Human Resources or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible enterprise experience in payroll and/or benefits
- For those candidates without a bachelor’s degree, 15+ years of combined payroll and benefit administration experience is required
- In-depth and extensive working knowledge of payroll and payroll related processes
- Deep knowledge of payroll taxes and payroll tax reporting
- Strong knowledge of human resources and benefits administration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) - American Payroll Association
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge with case tracking systems preferred
- Advanced knowledge of major HRIS, payroll and time and attendance systems
- Excellent Customer service skills, including meeting quality standards for services
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills for handling employee situations
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to present and discuss complex data for a variety of audiences
- Proven leadership and team building abilities
- Proven ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong judgment and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple, fast changing priorities in time sensitive situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively interact with various functional areas and facilities
- Strong business acumen
Requisition ID: 18862