Sonora Quest Labs Programmer Analyst Sr - 6171 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/2735120 POSITION SUMMARYn
Plans, organizes and leads teams on various project assignments. Interfaces with Programmer Analysts, Functional Analysts, Project Analysts, customers, agencies and vendors in defining, analyzing, developing and implementing new or modified systems and programs. Designs, codes, tests, documents and implements application programs over various hardware platforms. Consults with and trains internal customers in areas of expertise.
1. Create and/or install complex computer code to instruct a system to perform a required function. This process includes working with internal IT staff, customers, partners and vendors to identify the functional requirements and the creation of detail design specifications while adhering to the existing standards and procedures protocol.
2. Lead testing of application programs/systems utilizing the various productivity tools that are available. This process includes Unit Testing where the functional areas of a program's code are tested independent of system level inputs to the program. Integrated Testing where all logical operations as it applies to changes in data files of a job/system will be fully tested.
3. Create technical/customer documentation on the internal/logical operations of programs/systems. In addition, create documentation that will be used for the submission of jobs/systems, and all modifications made to the logical flow of programs following our current documentation standards/procedures. Lead technical and customer training.
4. Work with the customer in research and development that includes recommending solutions to complex application/functional problems as well as consulting with them in areas of expertise. Design the recommended system and present to project team with supporting detailed documentation and analysis.
5. Coordinate and lead teams of staff, vendors, partners, agencies and customers to develop requirement definitions, and detail project plans. Work the vendors and partners to inquire and follow through on application support issues, project enhancements, technical assessment, and timetables.
6. Evaluates project assignments and presents accurate time and cost estimates for program development, modifications and installations. Work with less experienced programmer/analyst as a technical resource.
A Bachelors of Arts or Bachelors of Science degree in business, computer science or equivalent experience is required, plus at least six years of relevant work experience in an IT environment performing similar functions. Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle a variety of situations in maintaining flexible, self-managing and detail oriented activities, with excellent oral, written communications and human relation skills required. Preference given to those with knowledge and experience in Visual Basic, .Net, ETL, HL7, and SQL.
n COMPENSATION n
n$36.55 - $43.76 nCompensation is dependent upon experience, education, knowledge, and skill level. Final rate will be determined upon selection of a qualified candidate.n