Kettering Medical Center LAB MANAGER in Template, Ohio
Description JOB SUMMARY: The Laboratory Manager supervises day-to-day operational, personnel, and financial activities of the laboratory and ancillary testing under the Administrative Director for administrative matters and the Laboratory Medical Director for medical matters. In addition, directs, monitors, and documents activities in the department to assure compliance with all regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
Requirements EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Certification by one of the following mechanisms required: MT(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) Education and Experience:
Graduate degree in medical technology or related field, business administration, or hospital administration and a minimum of 2 years administrative/supervisory experience in a hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
BS or BA with a minimum of 5 years administrative/supervisory experience in a hospital clinical laboratory accepted.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of all types of clinical and anatomical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of managerial skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics.
- Knowledge of office routines and skills.
- Ability to perform laboratory procedures and manipulate laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ability to organize personnel, equipment, instruments, and other things for efficient laboratory operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write concise, grammatically correct and properly formatted policies, procedures and reports.
- Ability to collect, prepare and analyze statistical and financial reports.
- Ability to collect and evaluate data and write reports on which others will make decisions.
- Ability to make decisions and carry them out.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Hazards – The hazards include contact with potentially infectious patients, body fluids, or other materials; and in some cases, working with potentially toxic or flammable materials.
Requisition Number: 16-7380
Title: LAB MANAGER
Department: CORE LAB - 401020
Location: Sycamore Medical Center
Job Status: Full-Time
Hours per Bi-Weekly Pay Period: 80