Indian Health Service Pharmacist in Towaoc, Colorado
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Towaoc, CO
- Acomita, NM
- Albuquerque, NM
- Cochiti Pueblo, NM
- Dulce, NM More Locations (6)
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Monday 1/11/2016 (283 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/23/2016 (64 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-AQ-1594157-DH for eligibility requirements.
NOTE: PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online to this merit promotion (ESEP/MP) announcement in order to receive consideration.
This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the OCA register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur. The first Cut-Off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be 02/01/2016.Other Cut-Off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. Your application will expire in 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.
Appointment may be Permanent, Temporary, or TERM with tour of duty of Full-Time, Part-Time, or Intermittent. The Agency has the option of extending TERM appointments up to a maximum of four (4) years. The Agency has the option of extending temporary position appointments up to a maximum of two (2) years. Temporary positions not-to-exceed (NTE) 12 months or less are subject to termination at any time. Positions filled by PHS Commissioned Officers will be Permanent Full-Time only.
The Pharmacist position reports to the Chief Pharmacist.
- Provide direct inpatient and outpatient pharmacy care for the pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Read and Interpret prescriptions, compute dosages, weigh and measure drugs and mix and compound drugs and chemicals.
- Resolve problems related to the clinical, chemical and therapeutic applications of drugs, including biopharmaceutical effectiveness, utilization of new therapeutic agents and special formula and dosage requirements.
- Dispense products prescribed which require accuracy in dosage and identification of therapeutic incompatibilities to avoid serious injury or death to the patient. As part of the dispensing process, instruct discharged patients in the proper use, actions, precaution and storage of their medications, and documents patient health records.
- Review patient health records for therapeutic appropriateness, including diagnosis/treatment, patient allergy and medication-compatibility with other current medication (drug interaction screening).
- Not Required
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Education: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Note: Candidates can apply within six (6) months of meeting the education and/or licensure requirements; however, evidence of meeting the requirements must be provided to the hiring agency and verified prior to entrance on duty. IN ADDITION, TO THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, YOU MUST ALSO MEET THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADES GS-9 AND GS-11:
For GS-9: Successful completion of a 5-year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in pharmacy from an approved pharmacy school, or 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-7.
For GS-11: Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree, or 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-9.
MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE (PHS) LICENSURE POLICY: Each PHS Pharmacist must possess and maintain a valid license in a State. This policy applies only to individuals filling positions in the 660 Pharmacist series.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service. TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
IF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL LOSE CONSIDERATION. IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THAT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS ARE ENTERED, UPLOADED, OR FAXED IS RECEIVED, LEGIBLE AND ACCURATE. HR WILL NOT MODIFY ANSWERS SUBMITTED BY AN APPLICANT.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligible was issued.
A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement.
Position may be covered by a Bargaining Unit, depending on duty location.
Government housing may be available, depending on duty location.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-11 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
Positions are covered by Public Law 101-630, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents, above. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $69,936.00 to $98,440.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-09/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employees serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled Veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Control Number: 426177800
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-AQ-1594156-ESEP/MP