Stanley Black and Decker Sr. Software Development Analyst - SAP SOM in Towson, Maryland
About the Company Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things. We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
In this role, you will design, develop and implement SAP solutions supporting Sales Order Management and related processes within agreed time scales and specific quality standards.
Your work will be split between three key areas:
- Project Team Work (80%)
- Business Improvement Work (15%)
- Supporting the existing systems / users (5%) Analyzes business systems requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions. Designs, configures/codes, tests and documents solutions based on system and user requirements. Using current programming language/business systems interfaces and technologies, implements the solution by configuring business systems and performs testing and debugging of solution.
- Help define user requirements and establish workable SAP (ECC 6) solutions.
- Recommend changes and alternate SAP solutions to an integrated global business.
- Configure SAP Sales Order Management module in the context of a Global SAP R/3 design, build and roll out to effectively support the required business processes.
- Document modules in line with required documentation standards
- Specify, design and test reports, forms and interfaces, gaining user acceptance.
- Develop and deliver training modules.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams developing systems solutions to cross-functional issues
- Comprehensive process documentation in line with required document standards.
- Production system support, including general central support and local post-implementation support
- Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Prepares flow charts, business process management (BPM) workflow, and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis.
- Responsible for preparing design/technical/functional specification documentation.
- Designs, configures/codes, tests, debugs and documents software/solution according to SBD-IT systems standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepares test data for unit, development integration and performance testing.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Interacts with business users and I/T to define current and future application requirements. Required Skills & Experience Knowledge
Configuration skills in all areas of the Sales and Distribution application required.
- Desired: Integration experience with the FI, PP, and MM modules required and knowledge of ABAP, EDI/Idocs and LSMW
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- a) Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- b) Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise.
- In-depth understanding of Stanley Black & Decker goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
- Thorough understanding of:
- Stanley Black & Decker business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Management of customer business needs and expectations.
- Manages projects and program execution.
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- a) Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
- a) Opportunity/risk analyses
- b) Cost/benefit analyses
- c) Pricing model
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback. Guidance:
Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
- a) Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
- b) Escalates matters of business risk.
- c) Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
Allocates work and mentors others. Relationships
Actively participate within the team to support other team members as required.
- Share ideas and provide advice, guidance and assistance to others within the team in order to develop the capability of the team and self
- Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area.
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
- a) Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- b) Delegates clearly and comfortably.
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior management level.
May manage vendor relationships. Experience:
6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least 6 years’ SAP R/3 configuration experience specializing in the Sales and Distribution applications, including at least 3 full implementation life cycles.
- Preferred Experience:
- In rollout and maintenance of a Pan-European or Global template
- Integrating companies onto SAP template preferred.
- General exposure to mid-sized commercial systems with a focus towards Sales including:
- Availability Check / ATP
- Foreign Trade and Intrastat
- Order to Cash Process
- 2 years’ experience in a consumer products manufacturer/distributor or service provider to Industrial Customers.
Experience in a multinational company environment Additional Skills:
Self-motivated completer / finisher
- Flexibility to deliver integrated solutions to tight time-frames
- Adaptive when dealing with different cultures
- Possesses and applies:
- A comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis.
- A strong understanding of the principles of applications programming.
- Applies knowledge to analyze and develop solutions to highly complex problems.
- Competent to work in all phases of applications programming.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects or offer programming solutions at an advanced level.
Thorough understanding of key business processes and ability to communicate and translate those needs to technical solutions. Education
Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or a related field and 6-8 years relevant experience , or
- Graduate degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
Requisition Number: 42236BR
Title: Sr. Software Development Analyst - SAP SOM
Business: US - Global IT
State / Country / Province: Maryland
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law