United Shore Assistant Building Maintenance Engineer I in Troy, Michigan
Provide direct assistance to lead engineer along with other assistant building maintenance engineers in repair and maintenance of rooftop units, Mitsubishi heat pumps, fire & jockey pumps, fire panel, onsite generators, electrical closets, and entire building envelope. And must provide assistance to the entire Younited Services department, along with interior buildouts
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Meeting the physical requirements of the job and the ability to work in the environmental conditions listed below to perform common assistant engineer functions and duties
• Assist in maintaining and repair facility electrical, mechanical operating systems including: electrical, light carpentry, desk buildout, painting, mechanical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating and ventilation
• You’ll be learning to modify and adjust heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems through our Building Automation Systems (BAS)
• Be open to review and interpret working drawings, and blueprints for mechanical and electrical building operating systems and equipment
• Performs minor maintenance and logs tasks in our ticket system
• Provide courteous, high quality service to team members by personally responding to requests for service
• Provide any needed assistance to customers, team members and visitors
• Monday through Friday hours, however, may be required to work nights, days, holidays and weekends
WHAT MATTERS TO US
• High School Diploma
• Mechanical background
• Carpentry and painting skills
• Knowledgeable use of tools of the trade
• Meet all legal requirements to be able to work in the United States;
• Must demonstrate good moral fitness and ethical standards;
• Meet minimum requirements set by insurer to drive a company vehicle;
No moving traffic violations in the past 3 years;
No at fault accidents in the past 3 years;
Have not had driver's license denied, suspended or revoked in the last 3years; and
No driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII) convictions in the past 3 years.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members, vendors and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures;
• Must be detailed oriented and have satisfactory literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities along with basic computer skills
• Have no disqualifying criminal history or convictions
• Sometimes be able to work alone responsibly and without supervision
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Frequent walking, standing, neck and waist bending, climbing, repetitive use of hands, and reaching above and below shoulder level. Occasional: sitting, squatting, crawling, kneeling, neck and waist twisting, hand pushing and pulling
• Operating assigned equipment and machinery. Some positions in this classification will be required to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs, and occasionally weighing up to 75 lbs.
United Shore is a diverse group of nearly 2,000 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more – all working toward the same goals. We’re a $13 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We’re committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love working here:
Be well here - Salta Direct is our in-house doctor’s office, available to all team members!
Work-life balance. Give us 40-hours and the rest is yours.
Generous benefits package including health and wellness, community involvement, personal and professional development, and rewards and recognition
Free fruit, soft drinks, and coffee
Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast, lunch, sushi Mondays, and Mediterranean food.
State-of-the-art fitness center open 5 a.m.–11 p.m. daily
24/7 convenience store
Our very own Starbucks
Cool company events that always include a surprise or two
Lawn vouchers to concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater
$5 tickets to every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday regular-season Pistons game
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. United Shore Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
DISCLAIMER: DISCLAIMER All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. United Shore Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.