Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Assembler in Troy, Ohio
Assembler at ITW
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company with decentralized business segments, which includes Food Equipment. As one of the groups in the Food Equipment Group, the Troy Manufacturing Facility is seeking Assemblers for direct hire.
The Troy Plant has two business divisions: Cooking and Warewash which produce commercial dishwashers and cooking equipment including steamers, braising pans and kettles. These commercial products are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, health care, cruise ships, schools and universities and retail. We are in search of Assemblers to perform a range of assembly procedures following quality and safety processes. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, these positions will be responsible for performing a range of operations connected with sub-assembly, main and final assembly, packing, trouble shooting, repair, and adjustment of stainless steel commercial equipment models to meet exacting operation performance. Some assemblies are built by moving the unit through progressive work stations while other units are built complete at a single work station. These positions require daily and/or weekend overtime.
● Work from prints and measure parts to print specifications or direct instructions to build up sub-assemblies of various component parts. Read scale, tape measures and other measurement devices to interpret accurately.
● Read process sheets, prints, work instructions, etc. to follow and understand how to assemble by selecting parts and their layout in proper sequence.
● Using hand and portable power tools to assist in fitting and aligning parts, maintain close bearing and sliding fits, seal for water tight assemblies. Operate hand tools to turn, twist, and tighten by hand, fittings, fasteners and connectors. Operate hammer and mallets to properly align parts for assembly.
● Apply labels, wiring diagrams, covers, panels, etc.
● Check assemblies for mechanical action as work progresses and make any indicated alterations or corrections such as misalignment of parts or other malfunctions.
● Assemble, pack and/or crate finished products and parts in a variety of crates or boxes by nailing, stapling, gluing, banding, etc. Mounting frame on skid using hoist to lift and impact wrench to tighten lag screws.
● Operate hoist magnet/vacuum lifting systems as required.
● Operate manual lift truck.
● Read and understand wiring schematics to wire machine complete from point to point.
● Make plumbing connections and seal tight for water and steam connections. Requires use of both hands to hold plumbing with crescent wrench and turning fittings with wrench in other hand.
● Must wear ANSI approved steel toed safety shoes, safety glasses (ANSI) with side shields and any other assigned PPE.
● Attendance is an essential function and working overtime as scheduled to meet customer expectations.
● Perform other related or associated duties as assigned or directed. Detect unusual conditions or specific problems and report to supervision. Observe good housekeeping practices and follow safety and environmental procedures and practices.
Perform responsibilities and tasks following safety practices and procedures
Able to perform assembly in proper order and sequence of events
Prioritize workload to meet daily/weekly production schedule
Check assemblies and perform minor adjustments including alignment and tightening
Keep all parts clean and assemblies and units free from dirt and foreign matter
Be able to visually inspect finish of assembled unit for scratches, chips, dents or other defects
Responsible for quality of own work
Be able to read schematics, blueprints, shop orders, and work instructions to check plans on jobs; follow instructions and convey supply shortages.
Be able to read and utilize measuring devices, i.e. measuring tapes.
Knowledge and use of hand and power tools. Understanding of correct usage for each job.
Pack and/or crate finished products and parts.
Learn and have a good understanding of product/options
Be at work daily as scheduled
Work overtime as scheduled to meet customer expectations
Able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers, supervision, management, customers, and vendors.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
● Manufacturing Environment
● Periods of working in hot/cold environment
● May occasionally move material up to 50 lbs.
● High frequency welding is done in area
● Areas of facility require hearing protection
● May require some climbing to reach top of machine
● Periods of Prolonged Standing, Sitting, Bending, Stooping throughout shift