West Suburban Medical Center Medical Receptionist in Tucson, Arizona
Medical Receptionist (Job Number: 1605050918)
Carondelet Medical Group is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist with strong customer service skills for their busy practice located in Tucson AZ.
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible for front office processes in the physician practice
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Greeting patients and visitors entering the physician practice.
2. Answering office phones, and directs callers to appropriate persons within the office
3. Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
4. Compiles, maintains, copies, retrieves and tracks medical records
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion medical office assistant program preferred.
Certification: Prefer healthcare management/administration certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 1 years of experience working in an administrative setting
1. Knowledge of insurance verification process
2. Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
3. Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
4. Knowledge of Practice Management Systems
5. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient service.
1. Skill in multi-tasking.
2. Skill in customer service.
3. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
6. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
8. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
9. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
2. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
3. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
4. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
5. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard med
Primary Location: AZ-Tucson
Organization: Tucson Physician Group Holdings