Washington State Chief Financial Officer - Industries Manager 5 in Tumwater, Washington
Chief Financial Officer - Industries Manager 5** CI/Headquarters - Tumwater, WA
This position is open until filled. First review of applications will be on October 10, 2016.
*This position is exempt from Washington State civil service laws**
Correctional Industries (CI) *within the Department of Corrections (DOC) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual as an *Industries Manager 5 (IM5) Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position is located at the Correctional Industries Headquarters (CI-HQ), in Tumwater, WA.
If you are interested in applying and would like to be considered, please apply online, attach a Letter of Interest (preferably no more than two pages) indicating how you meet the qualifications and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position, AND a current resume.
Correctional Industries (CI) is a unique blend of business and government, using private industry tools and techniques to provide a public service. Operations within the state correctional facilities are supported by sales to state agencies, county and local governments, and not-for-profit organizations. Thousands of offenders gain work experience and training as they produce high quality, competitively priced products, which translates into enormous benefits for taxpayers, the offenders who work and learn in CI.
The Department of Corrections (DOC), as a partner in the criminal justice system, enhances public safety, administers criminal sanctions and programs in accordance with the law, and provides leadership for the future of corrections in Washington State. The Department consists of the Office of the Secretary, Prisons Division, Correctional Industries, Community Corrections Division, Policy Support Division, Administrative Services Division, Offender Change Division, and Health Services Division. The Department employs over 8,000 staff and has a biennial budget of approximately $1.7 billion.
- Flexible schedules
- Comprehensive compensation packages
- Training and development opportunities
- The fulfillment of public service Duties
As the CFO for Correctional Industries, this position is responsible to develop, implement, monitor, and improve financial operations statewide, with the ultimate goal of cutting costs, improving financial reporting, and improving relationships in the business units located throughout the state. This position has indirect authority over business managers and will be required to communicate company goals and objectives, and ensure financial processes are aligned with Correctional Industries' strategic plan. This position is also responsible to supervise and provide administrative leadership to subordinate staff and implement Correctional Industry policies and to participate as a member of the Corporate Management Team in the development of new or updated policies.
Correctional Industries, CFO contributes to the Departments mission of Public Safety by maintaining and expanding offender work training programs which develop marketable skills, instills and promotes positive work ethics and reduces the tax burden of corrections.
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized accredited college and/or university whose accreditations are recognized by U.S. department of Education (USDE) or the council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in Business, Public Administration or closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a progressively responsible management or supervisory position.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to, and effectively collaborate with, executive leaders and business units located throughout WA State
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Decisiveness - Makes timely decisions without sacrificing quality even under ambiguous circumstances or when data is limited.
- Minimum 4 years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position is exempt from Washington's civil service rules: Exempt employment is considered "at will," and there are no contractual employment rights. Exempt employees serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Complete a felony disclosure form prior to employment, and submit to a criminal background check
- Successfully complete, within mandated timeframes, employee orientation and all other mandatory annual, in-service, and other required training
- Provide physical residential address and home telephone number to the DOC
- Become familiar and comply with all DOC policies and procedures and Collective Bargaining Agreements as applicable
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Submit to drug testing in accordance with agency policy
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Must successfully complete Correctional Worker Core (CWC) training program for interaction with offenders Supplemental Information
The mission of DOC is to improve public safety. For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, including marijuana, will be disqualified from consideration
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within sixty (60) days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing, and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable
- Promote inclusiveness
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment (Reference #2016-10188), or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 725-9104. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Exempt
Job Number: 2016-10188
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $5,150.00 - $6,829.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA