Washington State Enterprise Data Analytics Manager (WMS Band 2) in Tumwater, Washington
Enterprise Data Analytics Manager
Office of the Deputy Secretary Research and Data Analytics Headquarters - Tumwater, WA
**NOTE: This position is open until filled. The employer reserves the right to make a hiring action at any time.
The Department of Corrections (DOC) is seeking an exemplary and highly qualified individual to fill the role as the Enterprise Data Analytics Manager, within the Office of the Deputy Secretary. This position is located at Headquarters in Tumwater, Washington.
If you are interested in applying and would like to be considered, please apply directly at careers.wa.gov and attach the following to your application:
- Letter of Interest, (preferably no more than two (2) pages), indicating how you meet the qualifications and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
- Current Resume (in chronological order with relevant experience).
- Minimum of three (3) professional references including contact email address and phone number.
*We are looking for evidence in your application materials that you have the experience, skills, and abilities indicated in this job posting. Qualified applicants whose responses most closely match the requirements of this position may be invited to interview. Carefully review your application before submitting. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the application materials submitted. *
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State DOC professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
The DOC, as a partner in the criminal justice system, enhances public safety, administers criminal sanctions and programs in accordance with the law, and provides leadership for the future of corrections in Washington State. The DOC consists of the Office of the Secretary, the Office of the Deputy Secretary, Prisons Division, Offender Change Division, Community Corrections Division, Administrative Operations Division, Health Services Division, Correctional Industries, Reentry Division and the Indeterminate Sentence Review Board. The DOC employs over 8,300 staff and has a biennial budget of approximately $1.9 billion.
- Comprehensive compensation packages;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Flexible Schedules; and
- The fulfillment of public service.
The Enterprise Data Analytics Manager serves as the department-level data analytics expert and is a liaison with external entities in the areas of data analytics and interpretation. This position requires an advanced level of expertise to successfully plan, partner, communicate, and implement consistent and rigorous data analytic strategies that are aligned across a variety of venues. The manager provides data analyses and improvement recommendations to the Department's senior leadership and program staff. This position applies advanced level skills and expertise in statistical analyses and reporting of findings to complete projects that guide program, policy, and budget decision making throughout DOC. Externally, this position represents the Department in strategic conversations related to data analyses and interpretation and serves as the main conduit for translating and communicating data and decision points with internal business partners.
The Enterprise Data Analytics Manager ensures rigorous and scientific data analyses are conducted and communicated to a variety of internal and external customers in support of the agency's vision and mission. The position is responsible for independently planning, organizing and overseeing complex data analyses critical to DOC performance accountability. This individual convenes and facilitates cross-departmental workgroups, and provides training to Department staff that leads to enhanced data-driven management throughout the Department. This position also provides professional analytical advice and counsel to executive leadership, Office of Financial Management, Caseload Forecast Council, and legislative staff regarding the use and interpretation of the DOC data.
- Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, Social Sciences or related field, from an accredited college or university whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Five (5) years of experience managing programs and/or projects, two (2) of which include supervising employees.
- Advanced training in multivariate statistical methods and/or research designs.
- Experience in critical and applied quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Ability to break down, sort and synthesize information, identify key messages and central themes, form accurate conclusions about the meaning of information, display through clear charts and graphics, and develop appropriate action steps and recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to present complex ideas, analyses and information to a variety of audiences, in written and presentation format, and to explain complex or technical information using plain talk principles.
- Demonstrated ability to provide reliable, professionally sound, scientifically valid advice and consultation to executive leadership to help inform strategic and tactical program, policy, and budget level decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships in a collaborative setting including ability to communicate clearly and effectively within a team and across an organization. Ability to effectively work across lines of authority.
- Demonstrated expertise in SAS or other advanced statistical analysis software.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, customer focus, and technical writing skills as demonstrated by written work products. Supplemental Information
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, including marijuana, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results. We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions. DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, how to apply, or to request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Eric Sund at 360-407-5744 or by email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07760
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $73,651.00 - $90,927.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA