Washington State Fiscal Technician 3 in Tumwater, Washington
The Business & Financial Services Division has a fantastic opportunity for a Fiscal Technician 3 where you will be part of a team impacting all Department of Revenue employees. Your duties will include various data entry and payment processes with a main focus in payroll activities. Using the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and the Department of Revenue Leave System, you will be responsible for auditing, verifying, correcting, and processing payroll forms, entries and leave requests.
Some more of what you will do:
- Answer employee inquiries regarding leave and benefits while maintaining confidentiality.
- Prepare journal vouchers for donation and/or return of shared leave.
- Assist in filing quarterly withholding tax reports.
- Resolve disputed invoices through research and communication with vendors.
- Maintain departmental payroll files.
- Opens and distributes incoming mail daily.
Click here to find out more about Department of Revenue
We're are looking for candidates who have the following;
High school diploma or GED certificate
One year of fiscal experience, OR fifteen quarter or ten semester hours of college-level accounting.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word functions and applications
- Numeric data entry (10-key or computer) by touch
To be considered:
- complete your online application in detail as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications.
- When applicable, attach a copy of your college transcripts showing accounting credits.
*To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 704-5738.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies for up to 6 months after the announcement closes.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the Department of Revenue and the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). This means, as a condition of employment, you must either join the union and pay union dues or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5738. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10582
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,485.00 - $3,212.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA