Washington State L&I Workers' Compensation Adjudicator 4, Self-Insurance Trainer in Tumwater, Washington
Please note: This opportunity is reopened to expand applicant pool.
As the Workers' Compensation Adjudicator 4 trainer for Self-Insurance, you'll provide initial training to newly appointed adjudicators and ongoing training to experienced staff. You'll support the goal to achieve internal consistency in claims and compliance activities by training internal staff on the implementation of new statutes, WACs, rules, policies and procedures. Serve as resource to the Self Insurance program on external training to employers, service organizations, labor organizations and medical practitioners as requested.
Some of what you'll do
- Work with managers', supervisors, and trainers within SI to ensure processes, products, and training are consistent with SI claim management and auditing practices.
- Train new WCAs on Self-Insurance policies and processes, determination of entitlement, allowance or rejection of claims, investigations of discrepancies, dispute resolution, protests, wage calculations etc.
- Provide ongoing training and support to experienced staff in conjunction to new statutes, WACs, policies and procedures.
- Assist internal and external customers with the use of the system to include; responding to inquiries and submitting service tickets for system changes.
- Assist with related updates to the web, create and administer Certified Claims Administrator test, and administer the Continuing Education Program.
Who should apply A high school diploma of equivalent and two years' of experience in the adjudication of time loss payments in a workers' or crime victims' compensation as a Workers' Compensation Adjudicator 3.
*What we're looking for *
- Experience developing and conducting training. Comfortable addressing audiences of all sizes and presenting information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats.
- Exceptional communicator, with strong editing, writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Provide information, techniques, instruction, feedback and encouragement.
- Team focused approach, ability to contribute to the development and cohesiveness of the team.
- Open, honest, professional and approachable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Effectively manage your time by setting priorities and adjusting when priorities change.
- Current skills presenting complicated topics with skills to create PowerPoint presentations that are visually inviting and easy to understand.
- Exceptional coordination, facilitation and follow through skills.
- Ability to work alone and self-direct your own workload.
- Intermediate/expert level computer skills including Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver license and the ability to travel throughout the state.
- Type accurately at a minimum of 45 words per minute
In addition to your application, the process requires that you include. Please attach while in the online application process.
- Letter of interest/cover letter
- Verification of your ability to type a minimum of 45WPM net.
Provide an on-line typing assessment, ensuring it includes your name, words per minute (WPM) and a minimum of 4 minutes in length. Click HEREfor suggested online typing certification. Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10572
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Closing: 12/18/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,907.00 - $5,126.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA