Washington State L&I Workers Compensation Adjudicator 4 in Tumwater, Washington
Open to L&I; employees only. * *This opportunity represents permanent and non-permanent positions.
As a Claim Lead, you will evaluate the quality review of adjudicative actions and ensure actions are based on laws, rules, policies and established work standards, and provide ongoing training and coaching. Claim Leads are passionate about the customer experience. Under the direction of the unit supervisor, Claim Leads monitor and coordinate the day-to-day operations of a claim unit.
Some of what you'll do
- Serve as a lead staff member of a claim unit and primary point of contact and technical resource for the supervisor and Claim Managers on complex claim actions, work processes, computer applications, document management, and claims management resources.
- Coach and mentor Claim Managers, Apprentices, and Trainees ensuring compliance of production and quality standards. Motivate and encourage Claim Managers to meet and exceed performance goals. Ensure compliance with established work standards and provide documented feedback regarding employees' performance to supervisor, coach, and employee.
- Manage a caseload of claims varying in complexity.
- Work on special projects, participate in work process improvement teams. serve on committees and other duties as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries made to elected officials, agency director, and/or manager regarding specific claims or workers' compensation issues.
Who should apply L&I; employees skilled in calculating wages and adjudicating time loss payments under Title 51 in addition, you must also have a minimum of one year of experience managing complex claims at the WCA 3 level.
Here's what we're looking for
- Experience administering RCW 51, WAC 296.
- Subject matter expert in adjudication, collaborate and provide information, instruction, feedback and encouragement to maximize claims managers success.
- Provide services and work that exceeds the customer expectation at every interaction and find new ways to improve customer service and productivity.
- Contribute to the recognition of cohesion, team development and productivity.
- Accepting of frequent changes, delays and unexpected. Receptive to new ideas and adapt to new situations and changing conditions.
- Identify and solve problems efficiently, include appropriate people in decision making process and consider impacts of decisions on others.
- Skillfully and calmly, handle confrontation. Respond to difficult situations in ways that minimize potential conflict.
- Efficient, effective use of time and meet productivity standards and deadlines.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office, web browsers, and other application. Use two monitors to access and move between multiple programs.
- Bilingual persons of all languages are encouraged to apply.
Note: Please include a letter of interest/cover letter detailing your knowledge and experience related to this career opportunity. Your ability to follow the application instructions and demonstrate your experience is critical to be given further consideration. Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10466
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,907.00 - $5,126.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA