Washington State Software Developer with in-training, ITS3, Attorney General's Office in Tumwater, Washington
This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied. First review of applications is expected to occur on 10/25/2016 and will be ongoing. It is in the applicants' best interest to submit their application materials as early as possible. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. This job posting may be closed at any time without notice.
The Washington State Attorney General's Office (AGO) provides excellent, independent, and ethical legal services to the State of Washington and protects the rights of its people. The chief legal office for the state of Washington, the AGO's attorneys and staff in 27 divisions and 12 locations across the state provide legal services to roughly 200 state agencies, boards and commissions.
Led by Attorney General Bob Ferguson, the AGO works hard to protect consumers and seniors against fraud, keep our communities safe, protect our environment, and stand up for our veterans.
The Attorney General's Office is recruiting for a permanent full time Software Developer (Information Technology Specialist 3) in the Information Services Division. This position is located in Tumwater. Note: There is the possibility of an in-training from the Information Technology Specialist 2 level.
The Information Services Division provides support and consulting for legal technologies. This includes managing the delivery of all AGO computer and telephone network infrastructure and the operation of all network hardware and software platforms to provide AGO staff access to their work products and communications. The division also provides custom software development, business intelligence and data management services. Data security and disaster recovery are key to the maintenance and operations of the AGO's voice and data systems. The division ensures compliance with state governance policies and standards, and ensures that all electronic services function properly and securely.
The software development team at the AGO welcomes an agile development methodology, innovation and creativity to solve business problems. The position provides support in all aspects of the software development process including: analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting. Members of the team have the opportunity to explore and adopt new technologies while developing new solutions.
The salary listed above is for the Information Technology Specialist 3 level. Applicants qualifying at the Information Technology Specialist 2 level will start at a salary range 54 ($46,056 - $60,420 annually) and after successful completion of the in-training will move to the Information Technology Specialist 3 range.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs client-server, web-based, and mobile device application development, using object oriented designs and techniques. These applications vary from internal use by all AGO staff to external public use by Washington State consumers and constituents.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, administers, and maintains agency and business unit applications that interact with databases, web services or data warehouses from software requirements and other related business analysis artifacts.
- Conducts research to identify solutions for resolution of testing failures, work with lead developer and business owner to repair and retest.
- Solves highly complex IT problems, including defining and analyzing the problem, identifying and testing solutions, choosing and implementing the best solution, documenting the changes and evaluating the outcome.
The software development team at the AGO users a variety of technology and tools including:
- SQL Server database development using: Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) for work item tracking and source control. Qualifications
To qualify at the ITS3 level:
Option 1: Four years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, maintaining computer software applications, directing projects; or administering or supervising staff who performed work in any of these information technology disciplines. ?
Option 2: An Associate's degree OR equivalent two years of vocational training in computer science or related field of study AND two years of the experience listed above. ?
Option 3: A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field of study, Information Systems or related technical/business discipline AND one year of the experience listed above.
To qualify at the ITS2 level:
Three years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, or maintaining computer software applications.?
*Familiarity and experience with the following is desirable: *
- Object Oriented Development
- SQL Server database development using Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, LINQ
- Agile, Scrum or XP development methodologies Supplemental Information
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing your specific qualifications for the position;
- A current resume detailing experience, education, and current salary.
READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION COMPLETELY:
- Carefully review your application for accuracy, spelling and grammar before submitting.
- You may not reapply to this posting for 30 days.
- The initial screening of applications will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "work experience" and "education" sections of your application in www.careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and responses to the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.
- All information may be verified and documentation may be required.
The Office of the Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation in the application process or requiring this announcement in an alternative format may contact Tracy Robinson at (360) 586-7693 or Washington Relay Service at (800) 676-3777 or www.washingtonrelay.com.
For questions regarding this recruitment or assistance with the application process, please contact Judith Vandergeest at (360) 586-7691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please call NEOGOV toll-free at (855) 524-5627 or email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10609
Department: Attorney General's Office
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $50,844.00 - $66,684.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA