Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician (Primary Care) in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Tuscaloosa, AL
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Tuesday 1/5/2016 (292 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (68 day(s) away)
Veterans Health Administration
The Best Care!!! The Best Careers!!!
Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center is located in West Alabama on a beautifully landscaped 126 acre campus. Tuscaloosa offers a low cost of living and year round outdoor recreational activities along with cultural activities.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center is seeking a Staff Physician (Primary Care) with proven leadership skills and a vision for the future to join our team of dedicated professionals who provide health care to veterans that is second to none.
This is an open and continuous vacancy announcement. Applications of qualified candidates will be referred for consideration as positions become available. The position may be filled at any time regardless of the announced closing date. Vacancy has been extended until 12/30/2016 or until filled.
Announcement Number: TUS-16-MED-004-OC1592876
Vacancy ID: 1592876
Position Title: Physician (Primary Care)
Work Schedule:Full Time (Compressed tour of duty and weekend duty may be required)
Service Location: Medicine Service Line
Note 1: The Physician is located in Tuscaloosa and may provideTele-Health services to the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center Selma Clinic in Selma, Alabama.
*Note 2: * Relocation expenses are authorized.
Note 3: Recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidate (subject to eligibility and approval) .
*Note 4: *Once appointed, If you meet all established criteria, you may be eligible to apply for partial student loan reimbursement under the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), subject to available funding. You will be required to make contact with the Program Coordinator in Human Resources within 30 days of your appointment date to confirm your eligibility and initiate application paperwork.
Note 5: Physician is required to be a collaborating physician for one or more mid-level providers upon request.
Note 6:This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Note 7: Amended 03/09/2016 to extend the closing date from 03/31/2016 to 06/30/2016.
Duties include but are not limited:
- Serve as Staff Physician for the Primary Care Service Line
- Responsible for insuring quality outcomes of care/service delivery; appropriate access, timeliness, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction
- Role models the provision and documentation of quality and cost effective direct patient care that meets/exceeds all clinical guidelines and/or exceeding goals, objectives and performance measures; the outcome of care/service delivery
- Develop and exhibit core competencies: Interpersonal Effectiveness, Customer Service, Systems Thinking, Flexibility/Adaptability, Creative Thinking, Organizational Stewardship, Personal Mastery, and Technical Skills.
- May require the provision of care using tele-medicine techniquies and other alternatives to face-to-face modalities.
- May require the participation in a rotation schedule to serve as the Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) for the facility
- May require the provision of care at a satellite clinic on an intermittent basis.
- May require the support of the VA misson of educating future healthcare professionals, by participation in the educational program with affiliated medical and nursing schools.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.
- U.S. citizenship
- Degree of doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathic medicine, or an equivalent degree.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a residency or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Must meet physical standards of the position described in VA Directive and Handbook 5019. A pre-employment physical examination may be required.
- This is a drug testing designated position. Employees in drug testing designated positions will be subject to random drug testing.
Physicial Requirements: Satisfactory physical examination as determined by the Employee Health Unit upon appointment only.See VA Directive and Handbook 5019 ( http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/HRLibrary/Dir-Policy.htm ). Functional requirements include moderate lifting (15-44 lbs); moderate carrying (15-44 lbs); walking and standing and standing for 2 to 4 hours; Both legs required; Both eyes required Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of color; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; (hearing aid permitted).
English Language Proficiency: Physician appointed to direct patient-care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
References : *VA Handbook 5005/, Part II, Appendix G2, Physician Qualification Standard, *dated April 2002; VA Handbook 5019, Occupational Health Services
Education Requirements: Degree of doctor of medicine or equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. All education claimed by the applicant will be verified. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States
- New appointees will be subject to a background investigation to determine suitability
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must certify at the time of appointment that they have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service Law
- Newly employed federal employees may be subject to a two year probationary period.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Qualified candidates will be reviewed by a Search Committee who will evaluate application materials and recommend those who should be contacted for interview. You will be notified when this decision is made.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www4.va.gov/JOBS/JobBenefits/benefits.asp .
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $98,967.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-15/15
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 425708400
Job Announcement Number: TUS-16-MED-004-OC1592876