NBC Universal Head of Marketing & Brand Strategy, TV Animation in Universal City, California
Job Number 30236BR
Job Title Head of Marketing & Brand Strategy, TV Animation
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business Film Partnerships & Licensing
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy will report directly to the Head of TV Animation, who will lead the integrated DreamWorks and Universal Television Animation Business, reporting to the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman. The Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy is a key creative and strategic leader that will be a resource for the DreamWorks and Universal Animated TV development and production organization. They will need to be hands-on in leading the branding, creative, design, and strategic initiatives for all series. S/he will inspire and lead the marketing and brand strategy team in order to achieve business objectives while providing strong creative and strategic leadership in order to establish a seat at the table in the larger Universal Pictures team.
• Oversee brand and creative strategy for all series; create and work with a multi-year strategic plan that runs through the life of each series.
• Work closely with all show EP’s on strategy and execution in order to build strong relationships with talent and shows.
• Supervise the creation of the marketing/media strategies to establish series positioning and strategic direction. Develop marketing campaigns with media partners, retailers and like-minded brands to drive viewership and broaden the reach of brand/program messaging.
• Develop strategies to maintain viewer engagement between series season completion and the delivery of the next season.
• Oversee the digital footprint of series in traditional, web and social, including seeking strategies to increase the monetization of digital content and grow engagement.
• Establish overall DreamWorks and Universal Animated TV brand as the premier content distribution for kids and families.
• Accountable for creative work that is fresh and innovative, both in print and video that reflects the unique personality of the series or franchise
• Secures the necessary resources to maintain a robust pipeline of assets from creation all the way through approval and distribution.
• Source vendors for pitches/assignments. Engages agencies and consultants as needed for series support.
• Responsible for messaging that reflects the unique saleable elements of the series or franchise to both consumers and partners
• Produce sales materials for series approaching the free to air windows
• Evaluate research and develop strategies to support programming on platforms or in markets that may need assistance
• Accountable for leading and developing a team
• Installs a process to facilitate ongoing and open communication that allows for visibility and sharing of the most up-to-date strategies, commitments, and materials
• Be a resource for any design, branding, creative, or strategic initiatives as they may arise
• Track budget and expenses- adjust as needed
• Successful partnership with Current Series, Production, Press, Brand Development, and Franchise is critical.
• Minimum 15 years of television series marketing or content distribution/syndication marketing
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in scripted marketing content
• Marketing experience within the kids content space
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with clients, coworkers, and other divisions within the organization
• Proven strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a large department, and successful track record of a forward-thinking vision
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment in order to create an environment that nurtures creativity and break-through strategies
• Ability to challenge/influence top executives; flexibility to take ideas/insights
• Strong Executive Presence
• Self-driven, confident, resourceful, flexible, adaptable and resilient
• Ability to multitask, deliver on multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• In depth knowledge of current marketplace developments for both TV and film
• Strategic thinker
• Strong knowledge of vendors and external partners
• Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint