Mercy Health STNA / Nursing Assistant PRN-Mercy McAuley in Urbana, Ohio
STNA / Nursing Assistant PRN-Mercy McAuley
Job ID: 4623497
Updated: October 11, 2016
Geographic Location: Springfield
Location: Urbana, OH, United States
Department: MCA Skilled Nursing
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0
State Tested Nursing Assistant – STNA (Healthcare)
As a nursing assistant, you always put the patient first. At Mercy Health, we need your passion for our patients. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we’re looking for people just like you to join our team.
We need STNAs that share our commitment to giving our patients the best care possible. You’ll work in new facilities and use state-of-the-art equipment. You’ll also get the hours you need to maintain your STNA certification, and you’ll get the chance to grow professionally. You’ll learn from some of the best and most experienced caregivers in the healthcare industry. Both full and part time positions are available, and no lifting is required.
As a STNA at Mercy Health, you’ll care for patients under the guidance of a registered nurse or other health care professional.
You’ll also need to:
- Care for residents who need assistance or total care, and help with activities of daily living.
- Share information with health care team members.
- Provide the best customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Be professional in appearance, demeanor and communication.
- Provide accurate, precise and timely patient care documentation, when needed.
You’re caring, compassionate and engaging. These are all things we’re looking for. We also want your solid caregiving skills and desire to make sure patients have the best outcomes. Things move quickly around here, so you’ll need to be flexible, organized and able to problem solve. Plus, you need top-notch communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Specifically, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED
- STNA certification
- Proficiency with multiple computer programs
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to be exposed to blood, bodily fluids and tissue
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as necessary
The following are preferred:
- Long-term care facility experience
- CPR and first aid training
- Restorative nursing experience
Work as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.