General Electric CDI - Staff Software Engineer (DERM) in Various, France
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
You will be responsible for designing and programming a critical component of the GE Distributed Energy Resources management product. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Extensive professional experience in HTML5/js OR Master’s degree with strong experience in HTML5/js OR PhD with strong experience in HTML5/js.
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
• Experience with Play framework, Angular is a big plus
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
Locations: France; Massy, Paris
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.