General Electric Cooling System Engineer in Various, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The cooling system engineer is in charge of the quality of the technology, costs and delivery times for water cooling systems (air cooled heat exchanger, chiller, skid pump) for Oil & Gas projects of GE Power Conversion
Conduct engineering studies to design, control and co-ordinate the supply of external cooling systems designed for GE PC electrical equipment.
As an engineer of cooling systems, responsibilities shall be:
• Analyze the customer's contract and GE PC's offer (evaluation of cooling systems)
• Prepare technical specifications as per contractual requirements
• Perform technical alignment of all supplier offers
• Track and evaluate supplier returns following the purchase order (document validation)
• Submit technical documents and follow the key milestones and deadlines
• Support ongoing project with strict timelines as per company’s OTR process. Manage project delays and costs
• Identify technical risks and put in place the mitigation plan
• Actively engage with project teams to provide solutions for the project that technically fit the purpose.
• Review solutions developed by project teams and identify opportunities for improvement of process, system, or equipment
• Control and validate equipment during factory acceptance testing activities
• Resolve all technical issues related to cooling from equipment and system stand point
• Assisting the purchasing team for the supplier qualification
• Develop mechanical knowledge and skills
• Launch mechanical calculations when needed
• Ensure strict compliance with all company and customer’s EHS policies and procedures
• Masters /Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from reputed College/University
• Minimum five year’s of experience in design, management and coordination of cooling system, (hydraulics, thermal) for O&G process
• Knowledge and application of international Oil & Gas standards highly recommended, mainly ASME VIII DIV1, ASME B31.3, API661, API610, ANSI B73.1, ...
• In-depth knowledge of instrumentation and process diagrams (P&ID), raw materials, production processes, quality control, non-destructive controls and manufacturing costs
• Ability to adapt and multitask between all thermal design disciplines
• Proficiency in ACAD, MS Office applications
• Knowledge in Primavera and PLM
• Willingness to learn with passion
• Be self-motivated, creative and a team player, with ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
• Capable of working with multi-disciplined international team with good personal organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales
• Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
• Quickly identify best practices and apply them within the team
• Willing to travel on short notice within base country and overseas for short/long term assignments
Locations: India; Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.