Fairmont Bell Captain (Full Time) in Canada
Bell Captain (Full Time) To ensure customer satisfaction by offering the highest caliber service to the hotel guest on arrival and departure and throughout the length of the guests stay.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, The Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, The Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, The Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Greets all guests and co-workers with a smile and an appropriate hospitality greeting.
- Positioned at the Bell desk at all times to provide or arrange assistance with guest luggage upon arrival, and departure.
- Tracks luggage as it arrives up the ramp from the Door Person.
- Answers the telephone inquiries promptly.
- Monitors Royal Service Manager System to ensure timely dispatch of all guest calls
- Tracks and records all “Fronts” and “Lasts” in RSM to ensure accurate records are kept of all bellmen movements in the event of follow-up or tracking needs to occur
- When requested or anticipated will provide guests with information and answers to questions about Hotel facilities, meeting functions, dining facilities, local transportation alternatives, local visitor and tourist attractions. If unable to provide the required assistance, seeks out and refers to another resource for successful completion.
- Maintain communication and favorable working relationships with all fellow employees.
- Applies policy and procedure as set forth to ensure consistency of service and standard of performance.
- Oversees and directs Guest Service staff on a shift basis, ensuring customer satisfaction is consistently obtained, and adherence to service standards are applied
- Organizes and expedites handling of group baggage.
- Posts applicable sundry charges to the appropriate accounts and completes daily bellman gratuity distribution worksheets.
- Records and updates relevant recording logbooks, ensuring daily updates to master key, delivery, and staff attendance logbooks.
- Effectively reviews all daily reports and utilize information systems as E-mail, Pass on sheets, Daily Function listing, Inter office correspondence, VIP list, and act upon requirements in a timely fashion.
- Assists in fire alarms by fulfilling duties as outlined in the hotel fire response manual.
- Assists in ensuring guest and co-worker safety and security by reporting any suspicious or unusual behavior or occurrence to the appropriate supervisor on duty, and informing security.
- Reports for duty with professional appearance and dress to standards.
- Strict adherence to all Fairmont and Richey service standards in Bellperson check-in & out policy.
- Provide luggage storage for guests in one of our three storage areas.
- Awareness and acknowledgment of all our Fairmont President Club Members
- Bellperson experience required
- Available to work weekends, evenings and shift work
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Able to prioritize guest requests depending on urgency of each situation
- Proven multi-tasker
- Problem solving / guest resolution skills a must!
- Thrives under pressure
- Team oriented
- Customer service focused
- Professional manner and outgoing personality
- Good Command of the English language
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Reasonable accommodations to the point of undue hardship are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 01.Nov.2016, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RYH01472