Citi Risk Operations Quality Analyst in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17049910
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Quality Control Analyst is an AML/KYC support/control role within the Global Consumer Bank NAM CBSU. The role is responsible for confirming the completeness and accuracy of the CBSU KYC profiles. This includes a review of the due diligence activities performed by the CBSU Analysts, along with all supporting appendices. The analyst is responsible for properly reviewing the process and confirming quality of the information in CitiKYC, taking into account all regulatory requirements.
The QC Analyst will also serve as a subject matter expert (SME) of the transaction analysis activity associated with identified high risk clients. Reviews include analysis of complex “Know Your Customer” information in order to successfully complete the requirements of Citi’s Enhanced Due Diligence program.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Review the creation of the KYC profile in the CitiKYC system, inclusive of information sourced from internal and external databases
• Maintain assigned QC production goals and assist the management team in gathering information for reporting purposes
• Ensure the completed records align with business procedures and corporate policy requirements
• Interact proactively with relationship managers, as needed, to ensure the completeness of the client profile
• Research and review information from internal and external sources
• Validate the information within the CitiKYC and CIP documents to ensure complete and accurate updates
• Ensure local regulatory requirements are complete in CitiKYC
• Highlight any discrepancies to CBSU Makers and Management Team
The selected candidate must also maintain a strong level of independence and posses the ability to think on their feet. Strong written and verbal communication skills are key components to succeed in this role. The selected candidate must also maintain excellent organizational and time management skills with a high focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
• Minimum 3-5 years of AML Investigations or Operational Risk experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
• Subject matter expertise in AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements.
• Familiarity with collection and assessment of beneficial ownership
• Review of complex business formation and governance documents
• Demonstrated success articulating and delivering findings on AML high risk behaviors and KYC data
• Strong knowledge of Citibank customer and transaction systems ( i.e., Concierge, Citismart, CRU, On Demand, etc.)
• High level analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with background checks/intelligence/customer research/transactional analysis
• High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
• Advanced written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
• Ability to contribute, support, and lead efforts to achieve department/ business unit goals, up to and including recommendations to changes in policy and procedures resulting from review findings, participate in leadership level meetings, and quality assurance review of analyst case work
• Ability to work independently and use a high level of independent judgment