Fairmont Assistant Golf Professional in United States
The Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for coordinating and overseeing; the daily tee sheet, golf shop retail sales, phone reservation inquiries and communicating relative information to the Player Services team, Head Professional and Dir. of Golf.
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Golf, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a representative of the Club, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other staff, management, members, and guests.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Provides a level of service that is consistent with the standards set forth by Fairmont Grand Del Mar.
- PGA Level 2 Apprentice or Member in good standing
- Coordinates all daily play through POS and tee sheet management system
- Knowledgeable about retail vendors, sizing, custom orders
- Assists the Golf Shop Merchandiser with appearance, displays and assist with monthly inventory counts.
- Acts as Player Host / Starter when called upon
- Works closely with Player Services team in communicating guest/member needs and information.
- Conducts private instruction, clinics, demos
- Comfortable using SAM PuttLab, & V1 software
- Must be familiar with current fitting/demo equipment
- Contacts and schedules forecaddies when the Forecaddie Supervisor is not present.
- Able to work all aspects of the operation including Members Locker Room
- Plays golf with members when time allows
- Attends PGA Chapter and Section meetings
- Compliance with all Club Safety Regulations and participation in ongoing Safety Seminars.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer/Office skills required
- Previous experience required
- Eligible to serve food and alcohol
- Ability to work weekends/evenings/holidays/overnights
- Driving skills required
- Ability to direct and delegate others
- Refined customer service and interpersonal skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude
- Must become familiar with members, their likes and dislikes
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members, guests, and employees.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Ability to sit/stand for periods of time
- Ability to bend, kneel or squat
- Frequent reaching//bending/operating heavy machinery
- Ability to work outdoors
- Protective equipment required
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00591