VMware Cloud Consultant in United States
• Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization.
• Proven track record in consulting for at least 5+ years’ implementing solutions to customers around cloud & virtualization.
• The individual is self-motivated and is able to work under constraints of time & budget and deliver high-quality solutions to our customers.
• Possess documentation skills that can be termed as professional and have the experience of writing up technical documentation around solutions such as requirements definitions, solution overviews, architecture and design documents etc.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to have the right level conversations with various stake holders within the customer space. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, Infrastructure team and developers is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. Should have a passion for technology and a hunger for learning and developing himself/herself.
• Ability to work individually and in teams and possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Should require very little direction and guidance and be able to take initiative where appropriate.
• Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• Ability to travel up to 75 percent of the time, including international travel
• Professional experience in architecting/operating solutions built on VMware platform
• Deep understanding of Virtualization and Virtualization concepts and VMWare products.
• Knowledge and experience designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Core Cloud Infrastructure components (vSphere, SRM, vSan) is a must.
• Knowledge and experience in designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Cloud automation tools is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Cloud operations and management tools is nice to have.
• Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools.
• Experienced at designing multi-tier, high-availability cloud infrastructure architectures for enterprises adhering to best practices that support high availability and are amenable to Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.
• Fair understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public/private cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models.
• Deep understanding of the different Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.
Knowledge of broader network infrastructure components (e.g. TCP/IP, Active Directory).
Practical understanding of Unix or Linux systems administration skills and Windows operating systems.
Experience with extending / customizing software for integration purposes including business process requirements definition and design recommendations.
Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
Ability to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for best practices by customers and partners.
When required, participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions and estimate level of efforts to deliver such solutions.
Broad understanding of industry, competition and trends in cloud technology.
VMware Cloud Solution knowledge is preferred (vRealize Automation, vCloud Director, vRealize Orchestrator, etc.)
VMware Public Cloud Knowledge is a plus (vCloud Air, Hybrid Cloud Manager, vCloud Connector, etc)
VMware SDDC Solution knowledge is preferred (vSAN, NSX, vSphere)
Understanding of automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
A working understanding of code and script (Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
A working knowledge of Open stack internals, code, and upstream process and core components like Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Glance, and Keystone is a plus.
A working understanding of CI/CD systems like Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins.
VCP5 or VCP6 certified – is a must
VMware Advanced certification (VCAP/VCDX) - preferred
None VMware Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc) – a plus
Programming/Scripting skills preferred (e.g. PowerShell, Java, Perl, shell, SQL)- desirable
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.