Washington State DSHS Maintenance Mechanic 2 in United States
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Consolidated Maintenance & Operations (CMO) unit is currently recruiting for multiple non-permanent full-time Maintenance Mechanic 2 positions for approximately 12 months. Our ideal candidates will need journey level work experience providing skilled engineering and repair work related to facility mechanics, with a good working knowledge of commercial appliance repair but other building repairs and preventative maintenance will be included in job responsibilities. Candidates must have a work history showing team commitment, job accomplishment, and strong work ethics.
These are day shift position (8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.) The designated days off are Saturday and Sunday. The work location is Western State Hospital.
Who We Are
Western State Hospital (WSH) is a psychiatric hospital serving western Washington by providing evaluation and inpatient treatment for adults with serious or long-term mental illness.
WSH is located in the City of Lakewood, which is a suburb of Tacoma and is within a 30-minute drive to Seattle. It is the largest psychiatric facility west of the Mississippi River, with over 800 beds, and the second oldest state-owned enterprise, after the University of Washington.
To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives visit http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/wsh.shtml online.
- Performs maintenance and repairs. Independently performs work in several skilled areas such as, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Installs door hardware, sinks and shrouds, plumbing parts for showers and sinks, and other plumbing parts related to the Anti-Ligature Project.
- Operates vehicles to pick up and deliver parts, supplies, and/or community orders.
- Work from verbal description, plans, sketches, or drawings.
- Estimates materials for job at hand for completion.
- Use power tools as needed to complete assigned job. Qualifications
Who We're Interested In
High school graduation and four years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work, OR completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade.
Possession of a valid driver's license is required when operating a state vehicle.
Highly preferable experience:
- Journey-level repair work experience in HVAC, boiler operation, commercial kitchen equipment, commercial laundry equipment, and/or plumbing/sewer systems.
- Current WA State L&I; 07B/07D Electrical License
- Ability to read and work independently from blue prints and schematics
- Capable of conducting building maintenance assessments.
- Skills in operating various hand tools: lathes, sanders, planers, saws, drills, welders, cutting torches, compressors, routers
- Experience in using and repairing hydraulic man-lifts, fork lifts, and snorkel lifts.
Additional Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in preventative maintenance, repair, remodeling, construction duties on machinery and/or residential facilities.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used to accomplish mechanical tasks.
- Knowledge to estimate time, personnel and materials to complete jobs.
- Capability to create and maintain records and produce computerized maintenance reports, preferably AMMS and MS Office.
- Ability to transport and competence to use hand and power tools appropriate to job.
- Commitment to work within safety rules and regulations.
- Background in parts and materials ordering, shop inventories, and shipping/receiving of supplies.
*Special Conditions of Employment *
- This position works in a residential/institutional facility, serving people with developmental disabilities. Unusual or aggressive behavior may be encountered; employee must be able to respond in a clam and professional manner.
- Ensuring safety to the people we serve is number one. Must adhere to safety practices and use supplied personal protective equipment. Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens or hazardous material is possible.
- Annual tuberculosis (TB) screening is required.
- Able to maintain mandatory training such as (but not limited to): Driver/Vehicle Training, CPR/First Aid, Blood-Borne Pathogens.
- In addition, this position is directly responsible for the delivery of local emergency plans and when needed, will need to be available to report to duty on short notice, work outside normally scheduled work hours and days, report to alternative duty station, and/or perform work tasks outside normal scope of duties.
*Application Process: *
We need a complete application specifying your work experience.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Questions regarding this recruitment please refer to Requisition #08575 and contact Patricia Warren at (360) 902-8056 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08575
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 2/28/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,721.00 - $4,208.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA