Washington State DSHS Security Guard 2 – Maple Lane School in United States
Security Guard 2 – Maple Lane
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated and reliable staff to provide services for residents in a secure facility for adults. The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is opening a competency restoration program at Maple Lane School in Centralia. While our first search effort identified some great candidates, we still need to fill several Security Guard 2 positions. We are looking for dedicated and reliable security professionals to provide protection to the facility, grounds, residents, staff and visitors. These positions will work under the direct supervision of the Security Guard Lead and the DSHS Residential Services Manager.
Maple Lane School is a thirty-bed facility that will be operated as a joint public-private partnership involving both DSHS staff and staff provided by a specialized contractor. Security Guards will be hired in project status through June 30, 2017 at which time the program is expected to transition to Western State Hospital in Steilacoom.
Security Guards will perform the following work:
- Support program staff by performing routine walk-throughs at the facility and responding to incidents with residents.
- Actively engage with residents as appropriate to promote and ensure a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Patrol and inspect buildings and grounds to detect and prevent fire, theft, illegal entry, escapes and property damage.
- Follow established facility policy, security protocol and operating procedure to ensure all areas are secured, non-disturbed and in good repair.
- Report illegal entry and disturbances to Security Guard Lead.
- Respond to situations of stolen property, accidents, parking incidents and other disturbances or situations.
- Perform all resident transports, scheduled and non-scheduled or emergent.
- Secure crime scenes or designated areas until authorities arrive; assist law enforcement personnel as requested.
Viable and competitive applicants should meet the desirable qualifications listed below:
- Experience as a Security Guard 1 (preferably one year) OR; high school graduate or GED and experience (preferably two years) in areas of work such as a security guard, a correctional officer, a store investigator or a police officer, police reserve officer, military police or other law enforcement employment. A certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program approved by the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission or a certificate of completion in a police or reserve police academy or military training program may substitute for experience.
- Ability to effectively use a computer and provided software to complete security incident reports, time keeping, e-mail and other communications as required.
- Compliance with health screening requirements completing a TB skin test and providing documentation of immunity to rubella.
Applicants who are interested in these positions or have any questions about them are encouraged to contact the Recruiter either by phone or e-mail. The lead Recruiter for these jobs are Ted Koska who can be reached at (360) 628-1412 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Special Notes It is to the applicant's advantage to apply for these positions as soon as possible. Assessment will occur on a daily basis. Interviews will be scheduled and offers of hire will be made as qualified candidates are identified and vetted.
If you applied for these jobs when they were first advertised about a month ago, it is necessary that you apply again.
Those hired as Security Guards will serve in project status until June 30, 2017. Although there will be no guarantees of continued employment after that time, some positions hired from this announcement may become permanent.
Please attach a resume and letter of interest to your application. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Job Number: 2016-03453
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $34,284.00 - $44,652.00 Annually
Location: Lewis County – Centralia, WA