Washington State Facility Medical Director (Physician) - Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC) in United States
Facility Medical Director FMD/Physician 3 Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC)
The DOC Health Services Division is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic leader for the critical role of Facility Medical Director FMD (Physician 3) for our Stafford Creek Corrections Center located in Aberdeen, WA.
This position is responsible for directing the healthcare programs and services. Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC) is a 1,936-bed multi-custody facility located five miles west of Aberdeen, on the southern Washington Coast. There are seven living units for medium and minimum long-term custody offenders and an intensive management unit for maximum-custody offenders. SCCC was Washington State's first tobacco-free facility for both staff and offenders.
Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Directs and supervises a large medical and/or surgical service in the institution.
Participates in medical treatment of consulting physicians.
Performs diagnostic and treatment of diseases and injuries of patients at the institution.
Works in collaboration with others to ensure staff and resources are in place to provide offenders with appropriate and timely medical services consistent with established standards.
Creates a work environment that values high ethical standards, emphasizes safe, high quality medical care, nurtures teamwork and encourages activities which lead to continuous improvement
The successful candidate will have:
- Valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington (or the ability to obtain prior to employment).
- Completion of an approved residency program.
- Board certified or board eligible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience in directing medical operations.
Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of individuals ranging from correctional administrator and staff, health care professionals to patient advocates and other laypersons.
Pre-employment process may include drug testing
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application
- The Department of Corrections defines a professional reference as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All Department of Corrections employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 407-5748. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. The Department of Corrections is committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment. Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for Department of Corrections' employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results. Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-03312
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $158,028.00 - $222,060.00 Annually
Location: Grays Harbor County – Aberdeen, WA