Datacard Group Field Services Consultant in United States
Field Services Consultant Req: 5194
Entrust EMEA maintain a small technical services team that provide the full range of pre and post sales field services supporting the sale of Entrust Datacard solutions across the region. Entrust Datacard worldwide has an excellent reputation for the quality of its technical support and Entrust Datacard EMEA is firmly committed to maintaining this reputation.
Members of the EMEA team generally fall into one of three broad skills groups; pre-sales engineers, solution developers and implementation engineers, however, given the size of the team it is essential that all team members are prepared to work in an extremely flexible manner.
All posts have a high degree of direct interaction with our clients therefore interpersonal skills and an appreciation of commercial sales environments are essential. As a Field Services Consultant within the PS Team you will be responsible for managing your own day to day tasks assigned by the Solution Delivery Manager.
- Provide post-sales technical expertise during the installation, implementation and maintenance of company products.
- Creates detailed design and implementation specifications for complex applications/systems prior to the solutions implementation.
- Will be involved in implementing solutions based on customer need/requirements.
- Ensures that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specification.
- Will provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- May be required to build mini-applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May support pre-sales technical teams Account Executives with the assessment of a customers need to establish whether the requirements are achievable.
- Prepare detailed product specifications and plans for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions.
- Makes technical sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- May provide technical POC deployments defining scope, requirement & use cases.
- Provide support to the production of technical RFP/RFI/RFC responses and technically qualifying opportunities based on Entrust Datacard Products.
- May provide partner training on specific Entrust Datacard products and attend trade shows presenting demo’s and workshops as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Internet Security technology (e.g. PKI, Federation, SAML, SSO, Authentication and Access Management, 2nd Factor Auth, Fraud Detection, Smartcards / Tokens, WebServices). Knowledge of Entrust Datacard products and awareness of competitor product offerings would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a pre and/or post sale position
- Evidence of experience in consulting or software development and integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites.
- Must have a flexible approach to travel which although primarily within the UK is likely to include Europe, Scandinavia, the Middle East and Africa. Typically, travel may be required once or twice a month.
- Must have the ability to travel and work freely within Europe ideally without the need for additional travel Visas.
- Experience with a security or enterprise software company is desirable
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION
Job Title: Field Services Consultant
Job ID: 5194
Job Function: Sales Support
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: UK: Reading, Berkshire