IKEA Home Delivery Coworker - Clerk in United States
ABOUT THE JOB To secure a positive shopping experience for our Customers at the in-store Home Delivery area and provide an attractive day out for the whole family.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of customer merchandise
- Provide visitors with a positive shopping experience by ensuring customer service standards are met or exceeded
- Complete general routines and ensure housekeeping is of the highest standard.
- Adhere to inventory control procedures and security policies
- Follow all IKEA cashier balancing policies and procedures
- Complete any necessary return or exchange procedures to maintain correct stock levels and serve the customer
- Ensure that returns/exchanges are done accurately and in a timely manner
- Assemble furniture when required to determine quality/usage issues
- Communicate the IKEA returns policy to other co-workers and customers
- Demonstrate a good understanding of policies, routines and procedures within your area of responsibility.
- Communicate to managers any customer issues/concerns that cannot be resolved
- Promote a safe working environment for fellow co-workers, customer and visitors by reporting any safety hazards, concerns or ideas for improvement.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Good mathematical ability and cash handling experience
- Good customer service, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a cash handling or customer service environment
- Knowledge and interest in Home Furnishings
- Effective verbal and written skills in the English language
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Basic computer skills
- Prefer fast-paced, retail work environment
- Basic math skills Additional Information
Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Having the ability to access and observe all areas of the store; to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress; to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg); to use the PC for extended periods during the shift; to wear PPE (personal protective equipment); and to use small power tools and related equipment. Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting and wearing required IKEA uniform
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information :
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING Two Options for Weekly Scheduled Hours Range:
- Hours Level 1: 12-19.5 hours weekly
- Hours Level 2: 20-31.5 hours weekly (requires a minimum of 48 hours of availability, nights and weekends)
Job Title: Home Delivery Coworker - Clerk
Location: Minneapolis (Bloomington)
Work Area: Customer Relations
Full Time - Part Time: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Job ID: 263414BR
Removal Date: 11/02/2016