Fairmont Housekeeping Attendant in United States
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including: making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removal of trash etc.
Hotel Overview: When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware etc.
- Notify supervisor/coordinators when service is complete by punching rooms in phone system.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Follow all of GDM and Forbes standards to each room every single day/night
- High School graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience of one year is preferred.
- Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests.
- Able to communicate both written and verbally.
- Reading and counting is essential.
- Requires basic knowledge of housekeeping
- Needs to have an aptitude to promote minimum levels of skills and abilities that would create a positive outcome, in a hot and challenging work environment.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds
- Must have ability to work with others to create attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Must have ability to secure minimum levels of skills and abilities that would allow for a proficient job orientation based on specific tasks and methods. This is to provide a safe working environment according to OSHA regulations that would protect both the employee and coworkers.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Position requires walking and standing most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. throughout the day.
- Ability to follow directions, perform tasks with attention to detail, speed accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment.
- Replenish supplies and equipment as needed during the shift.
- Report any faulty equipment, linen shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and other problems immediately to your supervisor.
- Restock work areas for the next shift as assigned.
- Successfully complete the training /certification process for this position.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00646