Washington State L&I Vocational Service Specialist, Return to Work in United States
Application review begins immediately. It is your advantage to apply today.
This is your opportunity to help injured workers heal and return to work. Assist workers in receiving the right services at the right time. Become a part of an amazing team who supports L&I;'s cutting-edge Return to Work (RTW) program.
Why bring your talent to L&I;? This is what VSS staff say why they came to L&I; and why they stay. They enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative team environment with others passionate about making a positive difference in injured workers' lives.
- Great people with opportunities to make positive changes to the system
- New Leadership a spirit of change
- Environment of learning and professional growth
- Supportive supervisors, managers, and colleagues
- Belief that their strengths are being utilized
- Medical/vacation/pension benefits
- Work schedule flexibility As the Vocational Service Specialist in support of the agency claims units, you'll use your professional and technical vocational services expertise and partnerships to ensure injured workers return to work as quickly and safely as possible. Successful applicants will be adaptable, creative and have good energy. Do you like problem solving and multitasking? Do you like people and enjoy communicating with a wide range of people? People who approach their work with a positive attitude need apply.
Become a vocational expert.Fast forward one year: you will confidently and successfully support a variety of people in a shared goal of returning injured workers to employment; you will be knowledgeable about and can apply Washington rules and systems pertaining to vocational services; you will be looked to for creative solutions to vocational issues in complex claims; you will understand how to identify and eliminate barriers to return to work.
Some of what you will do
- You will start with learning how injured workers' move through L&I.;
- Provide professional and technical assistance regarding vocational services to department staff, private vocational providers, employers and their representatives, and injured workers and their representatives.
- Consult with interested parties in addressing barriers to successful return to work or vocational resolution.
- Participate in Lean initiatives and claim staffing to ensure a team approach and to reinforce L&I;'s changing culture to focus on return to work.
- Review Ability to Work Assessments recommending eligible for plan development services and refer claims for plan development services when appropriate.
- Approve or disapprove vocational re-training plans exceptions to extend time for plan development services, and make recommendations to the Director for discretionary approval of increased vocational training time and funds.
Who should apply Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), or American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE) with required relevant industrial insurance experience.
What we're looking for
- A Vocational Services professional who is in possession of a CRC, and/or CDMS, and/or ABVE
- Working knowledge of Washington State laws, rules and policies regarding vocational rehabilitation services.
- Ability to:
- Consult and employ expertise, credibility and partnering to help clients identify, evaluate and resolve complex or sensitive issues, problems and service needs.
- Resolve conflicts with tact and diplomacy.
- Apply analytical reasoning skills to make efficient, effective, and timely decisions.
- Work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Capability to write clear and objective reports and documents.
- Ability to provide expert testimony to the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA).
- Professional and courteous in all interactions.
Consideration will be given to complete applications with attached Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.
Your Cover Letter/Letter of Interest will concisely describe how you have "What We're Looking For" outlined above.
The benefits for working for Labor & Industries
As a full-time State employee you accrue vacation (12-22 days per year) and sick leave (1 day per month). Full-time employees are entitled to 11 paid holidays. You and your family members are covered by medical (including vision), dental and basic life insurance. As a new employee you will have the option of two employer contributed retirement programs to enroll in.
Add this to the fact that you will be working for the premier State Agency in Washington; which keeps Washington safe and working.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new appointment into L&I; a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. It is to your advantage to apply quickly.
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions.
We're looking for evidence that you have the skills, experience, and abilities indicated in this announcement. Information you provide will be used for deciding who'll be selected for the next step in our process.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@LNI.wa.gov
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-9152. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2015-09421
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,092.00 - $5,376.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA