Wolf Creek Federal Services Mechanic, Power Plant Lead (ROI NAMUR) in United States
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for performing predictive/preventive/corrective maintenance on the Power Plant engines and auxiliaries (i.e. seawater pumps, air compressors, radiators, mobile generators, tanks, piping and associated equipment).
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Supervises a crew of mechanics in the performance of duties for all items in the scope of responsibility, including scheduling.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the Mechanical Maintenance Shop.
- Performs repairs and adjustments to diesel engines up to 2,500 horsepower.
- Disassemble repair and reassemble mechanical components of engines, auxiliary equipment, and other mechanical systems.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to perform tests and determine if a mechanical system is performing to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Completes fuel consumption reports and update records.
- Assumes the responsibility of Power Plant Supervisor in his absence.
- Instructs others to become more knowledgeable and skillful in their respective trade.
- Follows all Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Interpreting maintenance manuals, specifications and procedures.
- Selecting and using the proper tools, equipment and materials for the task.
- Maintaining equipment records to reflect work accomplished.
- Ensuring good safety practices are followed at all times.
- Demonstrating initiative in learning the entire scope of work.
- Learning and understanding the U.S. Army Maintenance Management Systems.
- Performing control room/floor operator shifts, once trained.
- Creating a work environment that has a spirit of cooperation with others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years’ Diesel Mechanic experience.
- Two (2) years ‘Supervisory experience.
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Possess a current U.S. Passport.
- Ability to pass a pre-hire background check and post offer drug screen and physical/medical clearance.
- Caterpillar 3600 experience.
- Technical School / Diesel Mechanic Certification.
- Ten (10) years’ Diesel Mechanic experience
- Five (5) years’ Supervisory experience..
Chugach is a Teaming Subcontractor to Kwajalein Range Services (KRS), LLC in support of the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll (USAKA) Reagan Test Site (RTS) Logistics Support and Integrated Range Engineering Support Services contract.
This is an unaccompanied position located on Roi Namur Atoll, Republic of the Marshall Islands. Housing is provided for employee ONLY. Contract will be through February 28, 2018.
Primary Location: KJ-KWAJALEIN ATOLL-Kwajalein
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: KJ910232
Req ID: KJ910232