Wolf Creek Federal Services Security Supervisor - Overseas (INTERNAL) in United States
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Responsible for general oversight and supervision of Security for Ascension Auxiliary Air Field on the remote island of Ascension located in the South Atlantic. Security Supervisor is responsible for the security, safety, fire prevention awareness, and property protection in compliance with government, corporate and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Enforce and implement all requirements that are stated in the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM), DOD 5220.22M and DOD AFI 31-101.
- Schedule security personnel/participate in the 24/7 Security/Roving patrol program that assures that law and order is maintained with the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Provide security for restricted/controlled areas and security checks for the base to include operation and residential areas.
- Responsible for processing passengers and luggage through security checks to support aircraft operations according to FAA standards.
- Provide training to security personnel in accordance with the operation’s security plan.
- Manage and provide emergency response, emergency medical response and assist fire protection services when needed.
- Prepare and update a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for responsibilities and duties.
- Support the contract project Security Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of security. This includes training and attention to the adherence to security requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
- Must be knowledgeable with DOD Force Protection Conditions (FPCON) and be able to execute.
- Ensure subordinate employees’ time records accurately reflect hours worked and that the correct job activity is charged.
- Make recommendations to Fire Chief to enhance and update the security program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Timely, accurate, cost effective performance of duties.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees, third party contractors, and customers.
- Adherence to contract requirements and company policies.
- Reading, writing and speaking the English language, communicating to a diverse audience.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable of security instructions and installation facilities.
- Must have military or comparable civilian security or police experience.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience in security.
- Must have five (5) years of security experience.
- Experience in writing security instructions and directing security functions
- Proficient computer skills and ability to utilize MS Office Suite, and a variety of databases.
- Associates Degree or Trade certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. citizen.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid US Passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in related field
- Five years supervisory experience.
- Seven Years aviation work experience.
- Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified
This position is located on the Ascension Island in the South Atlantic.
This position is open to current employees of WCFSI Range Operations Services (ROS) only.
Primary Location: Ascension Island-Ascension Island-Ascension Island
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: WW010019
Req ID: WW010019