Indian Health Service Cook (WK9910 in Wakpala, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Wakpala, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 10/6/2016 (14 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/21/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION:This position functions under the supervision of the Administrative Officer of the Great Plains Area Youth Regional Treatment Center. The position is located in the GPAYRTC at Wakpala, SD, 4 miles northwest of Mobridge, SD. The incumbent is responsible for performing a full range of simple cooking assignments that require little to no processing.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-R4-GP-1724740-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
- Incumbent prepares all types of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, fruits, sauces, and gravies for regular and modified diet menus.
- Prepares food for modified diets such as diabetic, sodium restricted, and low cholesterol.
- Monitors temperatures and steam pressures, evaluates the condition of food being cooked at frequent intervals and tums and bastes meat to add flavor and prevent uneven cooking and drying out.
- Makes modification to recipes for ingredient quantities, the number to servings, and the size of equipment available.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- ### Qualifications
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
- Work Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc..
- Knowledge of Materials
- Attention to Detail
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, October 21, 2016
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment. You may apply separately for each announcement if you want to be considered under each hiring plan.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $14.06 to $16.41 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-7404-04/04
Promotion Potential: 04
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: ANY UNITED STATES CITITZEN
Control Number: 452828200
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R3-GP-1737039-DE