Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse 4 - WSP in Walla Walla, Washington
Licensed Practical Nurse 4 (LPN4) Full Time / Intermittent Washington State Penitentiary (WSP) Walla Walla, WA
The Department of Corrections is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the positions of Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN4) at the Washington State Penitentiary located in Walla Walla, WA. This posting may also be used to fill other LPN4 if they occur during this posting period.
Full Time Shift: 1405-2205, Monday,Tuesday off
Washington State Penitentiary (WSP) is a 2000 bed facility for high and medium custody men. It is located just outside the city, farms and vineyards of Walla Walla. Four separate facilities exist within the institution, each of which houses a different custody level of offender. WSP recently went through a major facility construction; replacing old facilities with newer high custody housing units. WSP opened a new stand alone health care building with inpatient and outpatient medical and mental health care and a six chair dental operatory.
The Licensed Practical Nurse delivers service to promote health, foster healing, and support coping and adjustment to various health conditions. Health services are provided to individual patients, their families, groups of patients, the staff employed at the correctional facility and to the public at large. The Licensed Practical Nurse 4 supports the agency mission and vision by providing direct care and special clinic management services in:
- Screening, accessing and evaluating offenders and the conditions where they live and work to ensure they are well, safe and their health care continuous;
- Responds to all other requests for healthcare attention in a complete, timely, clinically appropriate and therapeutic manner;
- Participates in monitoring, managing and coordinating the delivery of healthcare and providing progress information to the shift supervisor.
- Assisting patients improve their skills and ability to provide care for themselves and their family.
- Teaching, counseling and providing health care information that improves quality health services and/or enhances safety or security.
Valid Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (or the ability to obtain), *AND *Two years working experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Certification by the American Heart Association in emergency first response.
- Indicates skill and ability to perform basic nursing skills
- Demonstrates nursing skill competency periodically as scheduled.
- Able to use the computer to enter schedule, monitor and track patient information, word process and communicate via email.
Department of Corrections Core Competencies for All Employees: Safety Treats Others with Respect and Courtesy, Dependability, Accountability, Judgment and Problem Solving, Leadership, Communication, Relationship Building, and Ethics and Integrity
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, including marijuana, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 407-5741.
For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Various Job Types
Job Number: 2016-WSP-LPN4
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $18.70 - $24.47 Hourly
Location: Walla Walla County - Walla Walla, WA