Washington State WorkSource Supervisor (WSS6 4923X) Walla Walla in Walla Walla, Washington
The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 19, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a WorkSource Supervisor - WorkSource Specialist 6 (WSS6) at WorkSource Walla Walla. The WorkSource Supervisor assists ESD to meet its strategic plan and vision by providing supervision and guidance to WorkSource staff. Customer-centered design is the basis for this role to guide, coach and operate. This position oversees the Walla Walla Reemployment Services, targeted program and contract/project staff. The WSS6 position sets staff targets to align with the agency mission and division standards. This position monitors and evaluates progress of units and staff towards meeting compliance and performance plans, and provides continuous quality improvement efforts to ensure high quality and efficiency in service delivery to customers.
- Provide leadership and direction to develop and support high-performance, integrated work-team management approaches, consensus-based decision–making and continuous quality improvement practices.
- Plan, schedule, assign and direct work activities; guide, coach, and mentor staff; provide and/or authorize staff training and professional/career development.
- Review and interpret state and federal rules and regulations; inform staff of agency changes and adjustments; ensure policies and procedures are understood and followed; design and deliver related training.
- Generate measurable performance expectations, conduct audits/evaluations and provide ongoing feedback; initiate continuous quality improvement practices through coaching/mentoring actions; manage and document staff performance; apply corrective actions as required.
- Manage and monitor established performance measures; review and reconcile performance reports from different data bases and sources; analyze regulatory standards and achieved outcomes for compliance and accountability; present performance information; identify best practices and/or strategies for improvements and training; recommend and initiate improvements.
- Manage financial programs budgets and safeguard agency resources and assets; manage program performance and allowable/accurate purchases and expenditures; perform financial transactions and/or commit fiscal resources; approve vouchers; negotiate contracts.
- Act as liaison for the organization between customers, community, and government; support and create opportunities for increased integration with internal and external partners; represent ESD with diverse audiences including stakeholders. Qualifications
- Working-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Working-level knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Mastery-level knowledge of supervision processes and methods.
- Mastery-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Working-level analytical skills – use logic and reasoning to assess information, form logical conclusions, evaluate options, and make decisions or recommendations. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08207
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $44,652.00 - $58,548.00 Annually
Location: Walla Walla County - Walla Walla, WA