Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-071: Director of Development in Washington, District Of Columbia
Enterprise Community Partners is a recognized leader in helping communities across the US to create opportunities for low-income families through affordable housing. The Director of Development is a key national fundraising position that creates and develops funding relationships with foundations, individuals and corporations.
Based in Washington, DC or in Enterprise’s Columbia, MD headquarters, the position involves national travel and reports to a Senior Director of Development, Resource Development Group. The assignment will be to raise funds primarily to support:
- Policy advocacy work at the federal and/or state levels;
- Programs involving artistic expression and celebrity/media engagement: and
- Corporate/cause partnerships.
Work independently to secure gifts in the 5 to 7 figure range and build a diversified base of support.
Identify and secure new donors among corporations; HNWI; and national, community and family foundations.
Support Enterprise leaders in the stewardship of certain existing donors.
Collaborate effectively across various Enterprise departments.
- A minimum four-year college degree and at least five years of successful fundraising experience.
- A clear record of personal success in building relationships, partnerships and personally securing gifts from high net worth individuals, foundations and corporations.
- A high degree of personal confidence in representing Enterprise and its advocacy platform.
- The organizational, time management and prospect qualification skills needed to succeed in a fast-paced national fundraising environment.
- The people skills needed to succeed in a matrix organization with multiple people engaged in the fundraising process.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office tools and user experience with customer relationship management software.
- Familiarity with the community development and affordable housing sector.
- Must be willing to travel 10-25%
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: Resource Development Group
Location: Columbia, MD or Washington, D.C.