Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-082: Program Associate in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Enterprise Green Communities Certification Program Associate position conducts technical reviews of PreBuild and PostBuild Certification applications, serves as a liaison with Certification stakeholders, and plays an active role as the Enterprise Green Communities program seeks to create high performance affordable housing.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, effective team player eager to support both the Enterprise team and external partners. The position requires excellent project management and communication skills and the ability to perform a wide array of detail-oriented tasks in a fast paced environment with light supervision.
The position represents an opportunity to more fully integrate green building strategies within the affordable housing sector and to gain technical and programmatic knowledge/skills related to operating a national green building program.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C. and report to the Director of Enterprise Green Communities.
- Efficiently shepherd projects through the Enterprise Green Communities Certification process while demonstrating professionalism, excellent customer service, technical accuracy, and allegiance to the intent of the Enterprise Green Communities Criteria.
- Process full technical reviews of incoming Enterprise Green Communities PreBuild and PostBuild applications.
- Manage the queue of technical questions, process-based questions, waiver requests, and the Certification e-mailbox. Evaluate questions and requests in coordination with the Enterprise Green Communities technical team.
- Serve as a liaison between Enterprise Green Communities, Enterprise Community Asset Management, and Enterprise Community Investment’s LIHTC team in order to streamline and accelerate organizational sustainability priorities.
- Track and report on key Certification performance indicators and complete special projects as assigned, relevant to Enterprise Green Communities Criteria and Certification.
- Maintain an accurate record of Certification processes.
- Demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations; work as an effective and collaborative team member; continually improve systems and procedures within own job, office, and organization; treat internal and external customers with respect, honesty, and professionalism.
- Undergraduate degree and experience focused on sustainability or residential development.
- Working knowledge of residential construction, affordable housing, healthy housing, and sustainability/green building.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and Outlook. Thorough knowledge and proficiency with SalesForce strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility, and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Exemplary communication skills, with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Excellent grammar, editing, and proofreading skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals and reports.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems, and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Ability to work as an effective, collaborative team member across Enterprise.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: Green Communities
Location: Washington, DC