Office of Human Resources Management Contract Specialist- PUBLIC NOTICE FLYER in Washington, District Of Columbia
Office of Human Resources Management
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full-time opportunities are coming (OR Part-time) - The initial length of the job is one year. After completion you may be placed in a permanent job.
Opened Monday 10/3/2016 (22 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 11/4/2016 (10 day(s) away)
About the Agency
A little information about this advertisement:
This advertisement or flyer is to let you know that we will soon be accepting applications for this position. Unfortunately, this is not a job posting and you cannot apply via this flyer. The open and close dates are only to reflect the dates the flyer will be posted. To apply for this position, visit our Students and Recent Grads website during the window of this flyer. Our website will have a link to the actual job posting when it opens. Why GSA and the Emerging Leaders Program/Entry Level Program:
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'. We will be looking for students and recent graduates to hire into our Emerging Leaders Program/Entry Level Program (ELP). The ELP is a robust leadership development program focused on growing future talent at GSA. Our goal is to provide you with:
- a solid federal knowledge base
- enhanced technical skills; and
- ongoing professional development For the last 15 years, GSA has been a leader in developing entry-level talent. There are hundreds of ELP alumni at the agency that are making a difference. The ELP was built to infuse the agency with multi-disciplined professional talent to maintain its business operations.
Where will we be hiring?
These positions will be located in Washington, DC. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to provide relocation assistance.
When we are accepting applications for the program, you will be able to view a more complete list of duties on our website, but here is a preview of what your job as a Contract Specialist would look like:
- As the federal government’s premiere contracting agency, GSA is the ideal place for applicants interested in a contracting career. As a Contract Specialist, you will have opportunities to work on a host of contracts in various programs that support the entire federal government. You will perform the full range of policy-related work, price analysis, cost analysis, and also contract negotiation, administration, and termination. You will work in conjunction with Contracting Officers and play an integral role in GSA’s acquisitions.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required to participate in the program.
- Apply online when open application period begins.
- Signed participant agreement
When we begin accepting applications for Contract Specialist, we will be looking for students and recent graduates who have the educational background and/or work experience described below. A full description will be available on our website once we begin accepting applications.
To qualify at the GS-07 level, you must possess the following Basic and Additional Qualification requirements: BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTRACT SPECIALIST POSITIONS: A. A 4year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; OR B. At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. EXCEPTION: Employees in GS1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupied on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupied GS positions at grades 5 through 12 will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other GS1102 positions up to and including those classified at GS12. This includes positions at other agencies and promotions up through grade 12. However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position. AND ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS AT THE GS07 LEVEL: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, in order to qualify at the GS07 level you must possess one of the following: A. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) in your bachelor’s degree will allow you to qualify. For information on SAA, refer to Section 4-F at the following OPM Website: General PoliciesOR
B. At least one full year of graduate level study, or a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of a Contract Specialist. To qualify for GS1102 positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. OR
C. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the federal government. Specialized experience is defined as experience that provided knowledge of procurement regulations, procedures and techniques to perform recurring and developmental assignments for preaward and postaward actions; formal advertising and negotiated bid procedures to plan procurement action, develop solicitations, evaluate bids, negotiate prices and terms, and recommend awards.
When we begin accepting applications, we will be looking for students and recent graduates who:
- Received a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from an accredited educational institution within the past 2 years.
- Will complete their degree or certificate requirements by June 30, 2017.
- Are veterans and were not able to apply due to military service. Veterans may apply up to 2 years from the date of release from active duty, but not more than 6 years from the date of graduation
If you join our team, there are a few requirements to be aware of. These requirements will be in the actual job listing that will be posted on our website.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Keep an eye out on our Students and Recent Grads website to learn about and apply for these opportunities when they open!
Review our benefits
What are the benefits? Insurance
- Explore a wide range of health care plans offered: FEHB.
- Explore dental and vision plans at BENEFEDS; just throw in your zip code.
- Most new employees are automatically covered by basic life insurance, with several options for additional coverage. Find out more here. Retirement Thrift Savings Plan, the government's version of a 401K, offers up to five percent matching.
Flexible Schedules and Telework Flexible schedules and telework improve morale and productivity by allowing for greater collaboration among peers. Many recent graduates are eligible to participate in these programs.
Training and Development You will receive at least 40 hours of formal training directly linked to your field Transit Subsidy Program If you commute by public transportation, you may receive "transit passes" or "fare media" through the Transit Subsidy program. This benefit is provided to improve air quality, reduce traffic congestion, and conserve energy by encouraging employees to use public transportation. Child Care Subsidy Program We support our employees through the Child Care Subsidy Program. Information can be found on the OPM Web site. Leave We offer generous leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
Some information about pay and promotions In this program, you will have the opportunity for rapid advancement. Each year you are in the program you will be eligible for a promotion.
- Within 1 year, you will be eligible for advancement to the GS-09 level (current salary starts at $53,435)
- Within 2 years, you will be eligible for advancement to the GS-11 level (current salary starts at $64,650)
- Within 3 years, you will be eligible for advancement to the GS-12 level (current salary starts at $77,490) Once you get to the GS-12 level, you can apply and compete for a higher grade, such as a GS-13 or 14.
Are there bonuses?
Some bonuses are available, but they come after the year-end review process in late September. Bonuses are either a small percentage of your annual salary or additional paid time off.
Salary Range: $43,684.00 to $56,790.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1102-07/07
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Control Number: 452327000
Job Announcement Number: 1612207-Flyer