Bureau of Engraving and Printing Information Technology Specialist (APPSW) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Bureau of Engraving and Printing
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/5/2016 (19 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (2 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) prints billions of Federal Reserve notes for delivery to the Federal Reserve System each year. These notes are produced at our facilities in Washington, DC, and Fort Worth, Texas. The BEP's research and development efforts focus on the continued use of automation in the production process and counterfeit deterrent technologies for use in security documents, especially United States currency.
This position is located in the Enterprise Strategic Planning and Management Division. The primary purpose of this this position is to provide strategic planning and program support to improve IT governance.
As an Information Technology Specialist (SYSANALYSIS) within the Bureau of Engraving and Printing you will:
- Assist technical specialist in performing needs analysis to define opportunities for new or improved business practices.
- Assist software developers in translating technical specifications into programming specifications .
- Assist software developers in designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining software applications that meet technical and fuctional requirements.
- Assist management to develop and maintain application documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provide assistance and advisory services to users on the usage of application software.
- Troubleshoot and correct software problems
- Conduct market research and prepare Acquisition plans, Statement of work, Performance Work Statements, Justifications for Other than Fair and Open Competition, and independent government cost estimates with the assistance of senior IT Specialist.
- Not Required
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility EQUIVALENT to the GS-09 grade level in Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Planning, designing and implementing new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements within an agency/organization; developing standards and establising and maintaining information technology governance guidelines; and providing advice to management and other technical specialist on various IT issues and functions.
A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a related field (i.e., computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks).
This education must have been obtained in an accredited business college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business college or university.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account" tab and clicking on “Application Status". For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.”
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This announcement can be used to fill like positions within 180 days of the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
- We will not pay relocation expenses.
- This position is covered by a Bargainingunit.
- The facility shuts down annually between Christmas and New Year's Day. Employees must take leave for work days during this shutdown period.
Salary Range: $64,650.00 to $84,044.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2210-11/11
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: ; no prior Federal experience is required. This opportunity is also open to under Announcement
Control Number: 452699200
Job Announcement Number: 2017-CIO-770-LAG-DR