Karna LLC Program Manager - DC Metro Area in Washington, District Of Columbia
Karna is seeking a full-time Program/Project Manager to manage public health projects in Northern VA/ DC/MD metro area. The qualified applicant will focus in the areas of leadership, people management and development, task order and resource allocation (headcount and staffing plans) for multiple projects within the larger program. The candidate will develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project leads, line managers, and clients. Will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between program management, the project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports, assesses project issues and risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The successful candidate will support the senior management with operational decisions or contractual matters; and will conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Responsible for the administration, planning, scheduling, communications, problem resolution, deliverables, and technical performance of the project activities defined in the Task Order Statements of Work (SOW) and project charter. Additional responsibilities include people management, budgeting, cost management, and financial reporting for assigned projects.
• Serves as mentor and point of contact for team members to escalate, coordinate, and resolve issues and participates in goal-setting, drafts and delivers team member performance evaluations.
• Provides status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and presentation of project deliverables.
• Manages multiple projects of significant complexity, size, risk and complex interdependencies.
• Serves as Karna’s primary point of contact to the Customer. Interacts with client to understand project requirements, timelines, resources available, and existing assets to leverage.
• Ensures HIPAA violations do not occur within the program by taking a proactive role in the constant vigilance and rigor to emphasize HIPAA compliance throughout all levels of the program (systems, personnel, and data). Maintains full awareness of all PHI/PII within their respective program and how it is protected.
• Manages the day-to-day work on the project through delegation to technical leads. Assigns tasks to team members, monitors progress and reports to customer and manager and ensures quality of team's work and on-time completion.
• Collaborates with the customer and internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project goals and objectives and strategic initiatives.
• Provides input to the preparation of task order proposals, business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets and other management work products.
• Supports business operating objectives and contributes to Division business growth goals.
• MPH or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years overall experience.
• 10 years’ experience in research, program evaluation, health communication, and data analysis.
• 7 years of technical and project management experience, including planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating, and directing all aspects of a project.
• 7 years of direct supervisory people management responsibility in a project setting.
• 3 years’ experience in Dept. of Defense environment.
• Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities.
• Effective oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting complex technical and project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
• PMP certification.
Keyword: Project manager, program manager, PMP, Department of Defense, MPH, planning, communication
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Atlanta, Karna is an SBA certified 8(a), economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business dedicated to: 'Improving health through transformational strategies, evidence-based approaches, and effective technologies'. We are focused on providing programmatic and information technology (IT) consulting services for various government agencies and private organizations.
From: Karna LLC