PAE, Inc Senior Paralegal II in Washington, District Of Columbia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Paralegal II
THIS SCA POSITION PAYS $26.47/HOUR WITH AN ADDITIONAL $4.27 PROVIDED FOR HEALTH AND WELFARE
• Update current cases by checking PACER docket sheets and downloading pleadings into the designated folder on the shared drive. At the direction of the CTS Paralegal, upload relevant pleadings to the designated SharePoint site.
• Review the Unit attorney’s case load sheet and determine what cases can be closed. If the case is pending appeal, begin organizing the paper file and docket the case to be closed at a future date.
• Provide Records Management assistance by indexing the contents of documents located in various offices, file cabinets, and safes located throughout CTS. This will include shredding both unclassified and classified documents as needed.
• Organize legal files to include, , legal research material, legal pleadings, attorney work product, FBI 302’s, grand jury subpoenas, trial subpoenas, correspondence, evidence, transcripts, and administrative documents that are classified as federal “records” pursuant to the Federal Records Act. This will include preparing the files for shipment to Federal Archives, adhering to quality control standards and insuring the use of packaging protocols.
• Collect data to insure that our Records Management accurately reflects the location of closed boxes.
• Assist CTS Paralegals with photocopying and scanning documents. These documents may include legal pleadings, legal research, investigative reports, grand jury or trial exhibits, training material, and media articles. Documents are to be assembled and organized in binders as needed.
• Organize, index, and scan large, complex cases and collections of investigative material. Provide guidance and quality control to scanning performed by data entry clerk to ensure that documents are properly scanned, Optical Character Recognized (OCR’d) and named properly. Open and close case and investigative files.
• Assist CTS FOIA POC with processing FOIA Requests, which includes the preparation of potentially responsive documents by searching, copying, and scanning documents that are provided by CTS attorneys and non-attorney support staff.
• Prepare FEDEX envelopes and DVD/CD’s in response to EPA requests, Expert Witness Material requests, and other administrative requests that are processed on a routine basis.
•Requires a Secret Clearance.
•This position places a premium on the ability to write well.
•In applying the facts to the legal analysis, the writing must be logical, persuasive and sufficiently thorough so as to leave the reader with the firm feeling that the correct decision has been reached.
Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures and legal resources.
•Requires excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as Lexis, Westlaw.
•Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.