Washington State Agriculture Inspector 4 (Grain) - Internal Only in Washington
The Washington State Department of Agriculture services the people of Washington by supporting the agricultural community and promoting consumer and environmental protection.
This announcement is open on a continuous basis for 1 year to fill vacant AI 4 as needed.
THESE POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO INTERNAL/CURRENT WSDA EMPLOYEES ONLY.
This position is the expert level of grain inspection. The incumbent in this position weighs, inspects and certifies wheat and may inspect and certify up to seven other grains/commodities.
Must also check ship holds, containers and/or other conveyances for fitness to lead grain/commodities; works in railroad yards, grain elevators and other hazardous areas to collect samples of grain/commodities by means of approved sampling devices.
Performs mycotoxin testing and other analytical tests as required including operating special grain inspection equipment to determine protein (NIRT) and other testing. May act as a lead worker on shifts where the Program Specialist 4 or Regional Manager is not on-site. Assists local supervision in overseeing the work and training of other non-permanent employees in the office. This position reports directly to a Program Specialist 4.
For more information about the Washington State Department of Agriculture, visit us at*www.agr.wa.gov*
Include but are not limited to:
- Grade and certify grains and commodities in accordance with the United States Grain Standards and Agricultural Marketing Acts.
- Act as lead worker when supervision is not on-site.
- Sample and weigh grain and other commodities using official scales provided by the applicants.
- Determine protein and Mycotoxin testing on grains/commodities.
- Perform stowage examinations on containers, vessels and other conveyances for fitness to lead grain/commodities. NOTE:This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement. Employees are required to pay regular union dues or non-association fees (due to religious tenets). Qualifications
- Must have license to inspect, grade, and certify wheat and seven other grains and/or commodities.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's license.
- Must maintain Federal Grain Inspection license for all grain/commodities established for the region in which you are assigned to. At export port locations and/or other service locations with Homeland Security requirements, a candidate must possess and maintain a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Supplemental Information
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position you MUST complete your profile within www.careers.wa.gov and in order to be considered for this position. Applications received via e-mail will not be accepted in lieu of applying to the on-line profile.
No documents will be accepted separate from the application.
If you are unable to apply on-line, please contact the human resource consultant listed below. Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line of your email.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, you may call Amber Robertson, HR Consultant at (360) 725-5506 or email@example.com
The State of Washington actively supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who need assistance in the application process or who need this announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 725-5506 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388.
Job Type: Agency Internal Promotional – Permanent
Job Number: 2016-04970
Department: Dept. of Agriculture
Closing: 12/30/2016 4:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,155.00 - $4,134.00 Monthly
Location: Multiple Locations - Western Washington, WA